These Eggnog Truffles are decadent, delicious, but so very easy to make. They’re the perfect treat to serve at your holiday party!
These eggnog truffles are so easy to make. But they look beautiful on a platter and they taste absolutely decadent. They’re perfect sweets to add to your holiday treat gifts.
They are also ideal for serving at Christmas parties.
How to Make Eggnog Truffles
To make these Eggnog Truffles you just need a little time and a few simple ingredients. You’ll need:
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Rum extract
- White chocolate melts
Step 1: Make Truffle Batter
First, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and rum extract in a medium mixing bowl.
Mix on medium until the mixture is nice and smooth. It should look like this:
Next, combine some white chocolate melts with eggnog in a microwave safe bowl.
Cook on 50% power for one minute to melt the chocolate. Stir and continue heating in 20-second intervals until the chocolate is fully melted.
Fold the melted chocolate into the cream cheese mixture to combine.
Then, put the bowl in the freezer for 15 minutes to make the batter easier to shape.
Step 2: White Chocolate Coating
Roll the truffle dough into 1 inch balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Melt more white chocolate melts in the microwave.
Dip each truffle ball into the melted white chocolate and place back on the lined cookie sheet. Immediately, sprinkle ground nutmeg on top of each eggnog truffle.
Leave the truffles on the baking sheet and place in the refrigerator for at least half an hour to make sure the white chocolate sets.
After the white chocolate coating has set, you can serve your Eggnog Truffles. If you won’t be serving them right away, transfer them to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator or freezer.
You can store them in the refrigerator for up to two weeks and in the freezer for up to two months. If you freeze them, just remove them from the freezer and let them sit at room temperature for a few hours before serving.
Eggnog Truffles Recipe
Ready to make your own eggnog truffles? Here is the recipe card with specific measurements.
- 12 oz bag Wilton white chocolate melts or white chocolate almond bark, divided
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons eggnog
- 4 oz cream cheese 1/2 block, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg plus more to garnish
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and rum extract to a medium mixing bowl. With an electric mixer, mix on medium speed until completely blended and smooth. Set aside.
- Add 2/3 cup of the white chocolate melts and the eggnog to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave at 50% power for one minute. Remove from microwave and stir until completely melted and smooth. Since all microwave wattages are different, you may have to microwave for an additional 20-30 seconds until the chocolate is completely melted. Fold the melted chocolate into the cream cheese mixture.
- Place bowl in freezer for 15 minutes for easier handling.
- Roll the truffle dough into 1 inch balls and place on the parchment lined cookie sheet. Place in refrigerator for 15 minutes to allow to harden. (Rolling the dough into balls with your hands will soften the dough quite a bit).
- Melt the remaining white chocolate melts in the microwave at 50% power for one minute (or more, if needed). Remove from microwave and stir until completely melted.
- Dip each truffle ball into the melted white chocolate and place back on the lined cookie sheet. Immediately, sprinkle ground nutmeg on top of each eggnog truffle.
- Chill for 30 minutes to allow the white chocolate coating to completely harden.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe so you can find it again when you need it.
More Christmas Treats
If you liked these Eggnog Truffles, you might enjoy some of these other recipes: