I am certain that this Chicken Bacon Ranch Tater Tot Casserole will become a new family favorite and will join your regular menu line up. An easy dinner recipe the whole family will love.
Casseroles are traditional comfort food. Occasionally I talk to someone who never makes a casserole and I have to wonder why!!
Some people think that casseroles came about as a way to stretch food further. It was an economical way to use up different kinds of foods in a delicious way.
Casseroles are typically EASY to make so they are perfect for home cooks.
I love the fact that I can add lots of veggies to a meal without my kids minding so much. The veggies in a casserole get eaten more often then if the same veggie is just a side dish on the plate.
Casseroles make the best leftovers so lunch the next day is already done.
Did I mention that casseroles are just plain delicious?? 🙂
INGREDIENTS FOR CHICKEN BACON RANCH TATER TOT CASSEROLE
If you keep chicken on hand then this is a great recipe to change things up on your menu.
- Frozen Tater Tots
- Bite-sized Pieces of Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Mexican Blended Cheese
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Ranch Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN BACON RANCH TATER TOT CASSEROLE
I love to keep cooked chicken breasts on hand because they work great in so many recipes. It saves time on a recipe like this one!
STEP ONE: COOK CHICKEN & BACON
Go ahead and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Place a skillet on the stove and cook the slices of bacon until nice and crispy. Remove the bacon from the skillet and set aside.
Leave a little bit of the bacon grease in the skillet and add the chicken breasts. Cook over medium-high heat until completely done with no pink in the middle. Salt and pepper the chicken to your tastes.
Go ahead and chop the cooked chicken up into small bite-sized pieces and crumble the cooked bacon into small bits.
STEP TWO: LAYER CASSEROLE
Take a 9 x 13 baking dish and place a single layer of frozen tater tots in the bottom.
Place a layer of chicken on top of the tater tots.
STEP THREE: MAKE SEASONING
Grab a mixing bowl and add the milk, heavy cream and ranch seasoning packet. Whisk these together until well-blended.
Pour this ranch mixture over the chicken and tater tots in the baking dish.
STEP FOUR: FINISH LAYERS
It is time to sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top of the casserole.
Take the crumbled bacon bits and sprinkle them over the cheese layer.
STEP FIVE: BAKE
Place the casserole in the preheated oven and bake for 30-45 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed and the top is browned and all the cheese is melted.
CHICKEN BACON RANCH TATER TOT CASSEROLE RECIPE
I know you are excited to try this delicious chicken ranch tater tot casserole recipe. You can print off the complete ingredients and instructions via the recipe card below.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Tater Tot Casserole
- 1 bag frozen tater tots
- 2 lbs Boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese
- 5 Slices bacon cooked crispy and crumbled
- ½ cup Milk
- ½ cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 packet Ranch seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the bacon until crispy, remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Leave a bit of the bacon grease in the bottom of a skillet over medium-high heat, and cook the chicken until completely done and no longer pink in the middle. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place a single layer of frozen tater tots in the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Layer the cooked chicken on top of the tater tots.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, heavy whipping cream and Ranch seasoning packet.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the chicken and tater tots.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the chicken in an even layer.
- Crumble the cooked bacon, and place it on top of the cheese.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes until the liquid has been absorbed, and the cheese is browned and melted.
If you loved this recipe be sure to check out these other casserole recipes:
- Chicken Florentine Casserole
- Instant Pot Pizza Casserole
- Overnight Croissant Breakfast Casserole
- Turkey Noodle Casserole
Don’t forget to PIN this recipe so you can come back and make it again and again.