My favorite sandwich is a BLT, though I usually substitute spinach for the lettuce to pack in extra vitamins and nutrients. So, when I was trying to come up with some new appetizer ideas for our upcoming Super Bowl party, I decided to use the BLT as my inspiration.
- 2 pkgs Pillsbury crescent rolls
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and finely diced
- 2 cups fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spray two muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Roll out crescent roll dough to make large, seamless rectangle.
- Using a biscuit cutter (or the rim of a drinking glass), cut out 24 circles from the dough.
- Press one circle into each muffin cup.
- Combine remaining ingredients in large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Divide mixture evenly between muffin cups.
- Bake at 375° for 11-13 minutes.
These were a big hit with everyone in my family EXCEPT for my 12-year old son who hates cream cheese. So, I can’t promise that this will please the pickiest of eaters, but they’re sure to get scooped up by everyone else.
Have you used a favorite sandwich or meal as inspiration for an appetizer before? Please share your ideas and recipes in the comments!
Latest posts by Corinne Schmitt (see all)
- How to Clean, Store and Chop Fresh Herbs: 3 Important Tips - July 28, 2017
- 25+Free Printables for Organizing Home Life - July 27, 2017
- Instant Pot Corn on the Cob - July 26, 2017