These BLT Appetizer Cups are delicious bite-sized portions of a sandwich favorite. They’re the perfect finger food for your next party.
My favorite sandwich is a BLT, though I usually substitute spinach for the lettuce to pack in extra vitamins and nutrients. So, when I was trying to come up with some new appetizer ideas for our upcoming Super Bowl party, I decided to use the BLT as my inspiration.
BLT Appetizer Cups Recipe
- 2 pkgs Pillsbury crescent rolls
- 1 lb bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 to matoes seeded and finely diced
- 2 cups fresh spinach coarsely chopped
- 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
Preheat oven to 375°. Spray two muffin tins with cooking spray.
Roll out crescent roll dough to make large, seamless rectangle.
Using a biscuit cutter (or the rim of a drinking glass), cut out 24 circles from the dough.
Press one circle into each muffin cup.
Combine remaining ingredients in large mixing bowl and mix well.
Divide mixture evenly between muffin cups.
Bake at 375° for 11-13 minutes.
These were a big hit with everyone in my family EXCEPT for my 12-year old son who hates cream cheese. So, I can’t promise that this will please the pickiest of eaters, but they’re sure to get scooped up by everyone else.
Have you used a favorite sandwich or meal as inspiration for an appetizer before? Please share your ideas and recipes in the comments!
Latest posts by Corinne Schmitt (see all)
- Hot Cocoa Chocolate Dump Cake - February 19, 2019
- Instant Pot Chinese Beef and Broccoli - February 14, 2019
- How to Help Your Family Survive a Weekend Without You - February 13, 2019