Last Updated on November 12, 2022 by Corinne Schmitt
This Simple New Year Dice Game for Kids will keep them entertained and laughing all evening long. The best part is this is one of those activities for kids that only requires a couple of items and you are ready to play.
One thing I love about this great game is that it is more than just a game.
It promotes sharing memories and makes you think. Even kids need to reflect on the past and contemplate their futures.
This game incorporates fun and also challenges kids to think about the past year and the coming year. It gives them a platform to share some fun memories and some goals for the future.
It also gives children a chance to share some candy!
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR NEW YEAR DICE GAME
I love simple games. It makes things easy for parents and honestly kids are always surprised by how fun a simple game can be. If you love fun dice games you will be hooked by this one.
There are VERY few items needed for this hilarious Simple New Year Dice Game for Kids.
HOW TO PLAY THE SIMPLE NEW YEAR DICE GAME FOR KIDS
This game can be played with any number of players except one. It wouldn’t be very fun with only one person! 🙂
- Start off by passing out a few pieces of candy to each player. I like to use individually packaged candy to keep things sanitary and keep fingers from getting sticky.
- Put all the remaining candy in the center of the table.
- Go clock-wise and let each person take a turn rolling the die. Use the New Year Dice Game printable to follow the instructions based on the number the person rolls.
- Play continues as long as you want or until the candy in the middle of the table runs out.
WHAT DOES EACH ROLL MEAN?
Each number on the die will have a different candy related task and a different memory to share. Here is an easy explanation of what happens on each roll of the die.
- 1: the player will pick one piece of candy from the table and then tell about a funny thing that happened this past year.
- 2: the player will pick 2 pieces of candy from the table and then share something they’re looking forward to in the new year.
- 3: the player will pass 1 piece of their candy to the person on their left and then tell about an exciting thing that happened this past year.
- 4: the player will pass 1 piece of their candy to the person on their right and then share something they plan to do differently in the new year.
- 5: the player will put 2 pieces of their candy back into the pile on the table and then share something they’re thankful happened to them this past year.
- 6: the player will put 1 piece of their candy back in the pile on the table and then share some ways they plan to be kind and helpful in the new year.
NEW YEAR DICE GAME PRINTABLE
I have a free printable to help you play the Simple New Year Dice Game for Kids. You can download and print off this game tool for your own personal use.
Fill in the form below to print the Simple New Year Dice Game for Kids Printable.
Fill in the form above. After you submit the form, you’ll receive an email from “Wondermom Wannabe” with a direct link to the printable. If you do not see the email in your inbox within a few minutes, check your spam folder.
The most likely place will be in your computer’s Downloads folder. You can also select “Downloads” in your browser menu to see a list of your downloads, then simply select “Show in folder” below the file name to see where it is stored on your computer.
You’ll need a program that supports PDFS, like Adobe Acrobat (which is free). Open the program, click File > Print. Select your printer and set the number of copies you want to print. Double check your print preview, then click print.
If you loved this game idea be sure to check these other fun activities out:
- New Year Countdown Activity for Kids
- Music Games for Kids
- New Year Lunch Box Jokes for Kids
- Printable Nerf Targets
Don’t forget to PIN this for later!
2 thoughts on “Simple New Year Dice Game for Kids”
Looking forward to playing with my kiddos
I hope you and your kids have fun playing the game and make great memories!