Great opportunities to help others seldom come, but small ones surround us every day. ~Sally Koch
When we take advantage of the opportunities God gives us each day to encourage others, it not only blesses those in our life but our hearts as well. If you happen to have a special needs Mom in your midst, you have been given a unique opportunity. You have the ability to build her up in a BIG way with some simple Random Acts of Kindness.
Moms of children with special needs (of any type) often feel low, overwhelmed, tired out and misunderstood.
I want to challenge you to step into her life with a few thoughtful acts or kind words. You have the power to encourage her to press on during the toughest of times! I have been on both sides of the coin. I know these moms are often overlooked by others and they also may struggle to ask for help.
Pick one of these little Random Acts of Kindness for special needs moms. YOU can make a huge impact – do all 30 and I can’t begin to tell you how life changing it could be for her!
30 Random Acts of Kindness For the Special Needs Mom
- Buy her a coffee/tea or a coffee card – yes, it will be very appreciated!!
- Prepare and deliver a stash of freezer meals – with long days spent at the doctor a quick easy dinner is just the ticket!
- Give a card of encouragement
- Make her a box of sunshine – a trip to the dollar store to buy some sunshine (yellow) goodies – pens & notepads, candles, yellow candy, little flower clips, gold nail polish, anything fun, yellow or gold, and that she wouldn’t get for herself!
- Buy her a gas gift card
- Drop off gift cards for meals
- Buy her flowers just because
- Create nail care jar or spa jar
- Make busy bags for the other kids
- Gift her a Spa appointment or haircut
- Call and offer to pick up her groceries
- Pick up medicine or prescription for her
- Offer her childcare – for all the kids or for the children while she is at doctor appointments
- Send an encouraging podcast or blog post to brighten her day
- Pray for her and send her a text letting her know she’s on your mind
- Buy an audiobook for her or the kids
- Bring her a special dessert
- Clean and wash her car
- Pick a cleaning task do for her at home
- Buy her a cleaning service
- Do her laundry
- Make a goodie bag from the dollar store or target
- Deliver essentials to her – think diapers wipes, snacks, soap, shampoo, conditioner, toilet paper, laundry detergent etc
- Let go of any judgement and build her up instead – she’s likely doing the best that she can!
- Do Lawn care / landscaping / snow shoveling for her
- Get her Redbox or Netflix gift card
- Offer her help during the Holiday’s – make and bring by part of the holiday meal, offer to take her car and fill it with gas before traveling, care for the kids so she can Christmas shop for her children, or bring some stocking stuffers to brighten up their Christmas.
- Make her a Manna Jar with encouraging Bible verses
- Take a meal, warm pj’s or socks or essentials to the hospital during a stay
- Buy mom something she wouldn’t herself
More Random Acts of Kindness
If you want even more ideas, check out this post with over 200 ideas, Random Acts of Kindness series.