This menu of 30 Low-Carb Instant Pot Recipes is full of recipes you can enjoy that won’t sabotage your healthy lifestyle. This diverse menu of recipes is packed with flavor but low in starchy foods for a whole month of tasty low-carb living.
Why Low-Carb Diets Work
If you follow a low-carb diet, you already know the benefits. You’ve likely achieved, or are easily able to maintain, a healthy weight. You also probably have more stable energy levels as a result of balancing your blood sugar.
If you are curious WHY you feel better on a low-carb diet, this is a handy infographic that explains it pretty well.
Precautions for Low-Carb Dieters
Even though a low-carb diet has many benefits, you should also take precautions to ensure you’re safeguarding your health.
When you eliminate grains from your diet, you also lose a lot of the fiber you need each day. You can make up for this shortfall by eating plenty of fiber-rich fruits and vegetables.
If you continue to struggle with constipation, you can introduce a fiber supplement. If you gag at the thought of drinking Metamucil, you’ll be happy to know that newer fiber supplements that are invisible and tasteless.
One common negative side effect of low-carb diets is dehydration. All that glycogen you’re getting rid of takes a bunch of water with it.
Dehydration can lead to headaches, fatigue, and muscle cramps. It’s extremely important to drink plenty of water when you follow a low-carb diet.
Another side effect of reducing carbs in your diet is that you’ll lose several vital nutrients. On a low-carb diet, you’ll likely be deficient in folic acid and potassium.
You need to do something to offset these vitamin and mineral losses. You can work to regularly incorporate foods that contain these nutrients or you can take supplements.
Avoid Sugar Alcohol
Ideally, your low-carb diet includes eliminating most highly processed foods. However, eating all natural can be difficult at times, and definitely less convenient.
So, if you incorporate packaged foods into your low-carb diet, you should try to avoid those with sugar alcohols. Sugar alcohols like sorbitol can cause upset stomachs and are in many low-carb products.
Low-Carb Instant Pot Recipes
To find recipes for this month’s menu, I took recommendations directly from Instant Pot users from the Instant Pot Community on Facebook. This group is the official Instant Pot group with over 1.4 million members at the time I created this menu.
Many of these recipes were recommended over and over again by dozens of users. These are low-carb Instant Pot recipes that are tried, tested, and loved!
If you are active on Facebook, you can also find several groups specifically for Low-Carb Instant Pot Recipes. Simply search “low-carb Instant Pot” in the search bar and you’ll find over a dozen groups you can join.
- Low-Carb Flank Steak Tacos with Spicy Mexican Slaw from Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Healthy Chicken Soup from Make Your Meals
- Garlicky Cuban Pork from Skinny Taste
- Egg Roll Bowls from I Don’t Have Time for That
- Creamy Tuscan Garlic Chicken from This Old Gal
- Boneless Pork Chops from Eating on a Dime
- No Noodle Lasagna from Low Carb Yum
- Moo Shu Beef from Wondermom Wannabe
- Crack Chicken from Adventures of a Nurse
- Sausage and Peppers from Pressure Cooking Today
- Chicken Marsala with Spaghetti Squash from Mama Instincts
- Low Carb Lo Mein from Carmy
- Low Carb Pizza Casserole from Awe Filled Homemaker
- Salsa Chicken from Blue Bowl
- Smoky Bacon Chili from PaleOMG
- Ratatouille from Instant Pot Eats
- Bruschetta Chicken with Zoodles from This Old Gal
- Low Carb Beef Stroganoff from Two Sleevers
- Chile Verde from Serious Eats
- Honey Garlic Chicken from Diethood
- BBQ Cola Ribs from Recipes That Crock
- Chicken & Smoked Sausage Stew from Foraged Dish
- Pork Roast with Mushroom Gravy from Health Starts in the Kitchen
- Stuffed Cabbage Rolls from Pressure Cooking Today
- French Garlic Low Carb Chicken from Two Sleevers
- Balsamic Beef Pot Roast from I Breathe I’m Hungry
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs from What Great Grandma Ate
- Taco Soup from That Low Carb Life
- Lemon and Olive Ligurian Chicken from Hip Pressure Cooking
- Sweet Pork Tenderloin from Wondermom Wannabe
Though I was specifically searching for low-carb dinner ideas, I did also stumble across a couple of low-carb desserts that deserved an honorable mention:
And in case you need even more, here are some of my own low-carb Instant Pot recipes:
I also love this cookbook from Wholesome Yum. Not only are the recipes all low in carbs, they’re all ready in 30 minutes or less too!
Printable Menu of Low-Carb Instant Pot Recipes
Skip meal planning! I’ve done all the work for you by adding all of the recipes above to a printable menu. Just click on the image below to download/print.