This Instant Pot Italian Goulash is a hearty, flavorful dinner that is extra satisfying on cold, winter days. It’s also an inexpensive meal so it’s perfect for feeding a crowd!
I’m always looking for recipes that are both easy and that my kids will eat without complaining. Since they love Italian food, I had high hopes for this Italian Goulash.
This is a dish that could easily be made on the stove as well. What I love about making it in the Instant Pot is that I only dirty one pot.
How to Make Instant Pot Italian Goulash
Like most of my recipes, this one is easy as 1-2-3. Ingredients you can easily find (and probably usually have on hand), just a few steps, and only about 10 minutes of hands-on prep time.
You just need a few simple ingredients to whip up this Instant Pot Italian Goulash. Onions, bell peppers, garlic, stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, ground beef and pasta.
Step 1 – Saute the Meat and Vegetables
First, set the Instant Pot to saute mode. Let it heat up, then add ground beef, diced bell pepper and onion, and minced garlic. Cook until the meat is no longer pink.
Step 2 – Add Tomatoes and Sauce
Next, pour the tomato sauce and stewed tomatoes over the meat and vegetables. Then, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Step 3 – Pressure Cook
Secure the lid, press “manual” and set the time for 10 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally, then carefully remove the lid.
If you want to make this as a one-pot meal, add the pasta to the pot and set it to “saute.” Cook, stirring frequently, until the pasta is cooked.
Or, if you prefer, you can cook the pasta separately while the goulash is pressure cooking and then stir it in at the end.
Ready to make this Instant Pot Italian Goulash? Here’s the recipe card with the exact measurements.
Instant Pot Italian Goulash
- 1 lb ground beef 90/10
- 1 white onion diced
- 2 green bell pepper diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 cans italian stewed tomatoes 14.5 oz
- 1 can tomato sauce 28 oz
- 1 lb pasta of choice cavatappi
- In the instant pot on saute mode. Add beef, bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Saute until meat is browned and vegetables are tender.
- Pour in tomato sauce and stewed tomatoes. Add salt and pepper. Set to high pressure for 10 minutes. Let natural release happen.
- To cook pasta in instant pot just add it to the sauce and put on saute mode until the pasta is cooked. Stirring frequently.
- To cook pasta not in the instant pot just cook on stove as package directs.
More Instant Pot Dinner Recipes
If you liked the simplicity of this Instant Pot Italian Goulash, you might enjoy some of these other recipes.
My friend Ashley, from I Don’t Have Time for That, has a different Instant Pot Goulash recipe. If mine wasn’t quite what you were looking for, you might like hers.