These Gingerbread House Hot Cocoa Bombs are unlike any cocoa bomb you’re ever seen! These aren’t round – but actually shaped to look just like an adorable (and delicious) Gingerbread House!
This just might get you the mom of the year award. Not only are these fun to make but they’re so stinkin’ cute as well. Too cute to eat? Nope, but it might have everyone hesitating to admire for a second!
How do Hot Cocoa Bombs melt?
The key is to add them to your mug of choice once done and pour hot milk over the top. The contrast in temperatures will cause them to melt and all the goodies in the middle will then be ready to enjoy and stir.
This fun gingerbread house recipe does a great job in showcasing just how unique you can make your cocoa bombs. All you need to do is find the perfect mold, and then fill it full of yummy hot chocolate ingredients.
I might be a bit bias, but I think that this is one of the coolest treats, ever!
What You’ll Need to make Gingerbread Hot Cocoa Bombs
Here are all of the ingredients and materials you’ll need to create these amazing Gingerbread Hot Cocoa Bombs.
Ingredients for holiday hot cocoa bombs
- 4 cups of Chocolate Candy Melts
- 2 cups of Hot Chocolate Mix
- 2 cups of Mini Marshmallows
- ⅓ cup of Powdered Sugar
- Bath bomb mold or candy mold
How to Make Gingerbread House Hot Cocoa Bombs
Once you have everything listed above, you’re ready to get started! Here’s what you’ll need to do:
Put the chocolate candy melts in a bowl that is microwave safe and then follow the directions on the package to melt them.
Place 2 tablespoon melted candy melt into one of the gingerbread house molds and, using the bottom of your tablespoon measuring spoon, press the chocolate up the sides of the mold, keeping it thick but even. Repeat with all of the molds.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and then draw a square of chocolate using a piping tip and decorating bag. This will be for the bottom of the houses, so do this for 6 squares total.
Take the first square that you just completed and fill it in with chocolate, making it solid. You need to have it be about 1/4 inch thick and as flat and smooth as possible.
Put the molds and the baking sheet in the freezer for 5 minutes.
After the time has passed, take them out of the freeze and slide out the chocolate from the molds carefully.
In half of the molds, add in 2 tablespoons of hot chocolate mix and 10-15 marshmallows.
Take one of the chocolate squares that you made onto the bottom of the house. You can attach using the melted chocolate to help the pieces stick together.
Dust with powdered sugar using a sifter or just sprinkle it on. You can also make an icing to drizzle if you want by adding a teaspoon of milk to the powdered sugar.
Place the cocoa bombs in the freezer for five minutes then take them out and store them in a container until you’re ready to use them.
Suggestions and Tips
To use these hot cocoa bombs, place them in the bottom of a mug and then pour on 2 cups of hot milk. Give them a chance to start to melt and you’ll see all the internal ingredients come out. Stir, and enjoy!
You can print off the complete ingredient list and instructions for these Gingerbread House Hot Cocoa Bombs below.
If you love the recipe, please leave a 5-star rating!
Gingerbread House Hot Cocoa Bombs
- Bath Bomb Mold or Candy Mold
- 4 cups Chocolate Candy Melts
- 2 cups Hot Chocolate Mix
- 2 cups Mini Marshmallows
- 1/3 cup Powdered Sugar
- Place chocolate candy melts in a microwave safe bowl and melt in the microwave per the directions on the package.
- Place 2 tablespoon melted candy melts into one of the gingerbread house molds and, using the bottom of your tablespoon measuring spoon, press the chocolate up the sides of the mold, keeping it thick but even. Repeat with all of the molds.
- On a baking sheet, lined with a non-stick silicone baking sheet or parchment paper, draw a small square of chocolate with a decorating bag and small piping tip, large enough to serve as a bottom for the gingerbread houses. Repeat drawing 6 squares.
- Working with the first square of chocolate you made, fill it in with a solid filling of chocolate, making it about ¼ inch thick and as flat as you can possibly make it.
- Place the chocolate filled molds and baking sheet into the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Remove molds from the freezer and gently slide the chocolate out of the mold.
- Fill the molds with 2 tablespoons hot chocolate mix and 10-15 mini marshmallows.
- Press one of the chocolate squares onto the bottom of a house, then using the chocolate in your decorating bag with the small piping tip, form a join line between the chocolate square and the house, joining the two pieces.
- Using a sifter, dust the powdered sugar over the assembled hot cocoa bombs or make an icing by adding a teaspoon of milk to your powdered sugar and ice the tops of the houses.
- Place the hot cocoa bombs into the freezer for 5 minutes to get them to set, then remove and store in an airtight container until you’re ready to use.
- To use the hot cocoa bombs, place them in a mug and pour 2 cups hot milk over the top. Stir until the hot cocoa bombs are completely melted and enjoy!
More Hot Cocoa Bomb Recipes
Keep your family and friends delighted all winter with an assortment of hot cocoa bombs! I’ve put together an entire collection of recipes into a digital cookbook, complete with gift tags and bonus pages for planning your shopping trip and recording extra recipes.
Or, check out some of these other fun recipes right here on my site:
Need to run to the store to get some ingredients first? Remember to pin this recipe so you can find it when you’re ready to make them.