This easy crockpot Italian beef sandwiches recipe will become a family favorite. I love how simple this dinner recipe is to make and the flavors are out of this world! It has a standing place on our meal rotation especially during busy sports seasons when time is valuable.
WHAT IS ITALIAN BEEF?
Italian beef is traditionally cuts of meat that are simmered in a gravy or sauce until they are very tender. The recipe idea apparently originated in Chicago way back in the 1930s.
People loved the au jus so much they started dipping their sandwiches into the liquid gravy. Topping the sandwiches with sweet pepper slices became the norm and the sandwich gained a lot of popularity.
Italian beef sandwiches can be made with a variety of meat cuts. The key is to cook the meat long and slow so it is fall-apart tender!
Thank goodness that the slow cooker makes this process simple and easy.
INGREDIENTS FOR EASY CROCKPOT ITALIAN BEEF SANDWICHES
The majority of the ingredients in this crock pot Italian beef recipe are seasonings! Most people will have all of these seasonings on hand in their pantry.
- Chuck Roast
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Black Pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- Beef Broth
- Sliced Banana Peppers (with the juice)
- Hard Rolls
- Provolone Cheese Slices
HOW TO MAKE CROCKPOT ITALIAN BEEF SANDWICHES
You can’t get easier than this one-pot recipe. There is NO precooking or extra work involved. The ingredients go into the pot and it cooks all day!
STEP ONE: ADD INGREDIENTS
Take your crockpot and add the fresh chuck roast.
Season it with the salt, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, parsley and Italian seasonings.
Pour the beef broth around the meat.
Place the banana peppers on top of the meat juice and all.
STEP TWO: COOK
You will cook this for 3-4 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
Remember to never open the crock pot while it is cooking! This will increase cook times.
STEP THREE: SHRED MEAT
When the meat is done cooking you will want to shred it with 2 forks and put the shredded meat back into the slow cooker pot.
Stir the shredded meat around in the pot to get all the juices combined with the meat.
STEP FOUR: MAKE SANDWICHES
Grab your hard rolls or hoagies and place a slice of Provolone cheese on the bread.
Add some shredded beef and additional banana peppers if desired.
Serve with extra au jus from the pot if you want to dip your sandwich.
I know you are anxious to try this EASY recipe. Meat that is slow-cooked is just SO good! You can download and print the recipe off via the recipe card below.
Easy Crockpot Italian Beef Sandwiches
- 2 pounds chuck roast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ½ tablespoon parsley
- 1 can beef broth
- 1 cup sliced banana peppers with juice
- Hard rolls
- Provolone cheese slices
- Place the chuck roast in the bowl of the crock pot. Season with salt, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, parsley, and Italian seasoning.
- Pour beef broth around the meat.
- Top meat with banana peppers and juice.
- Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or low for six hours.
- Shred the meat with a fork and then return the meat to the pot and stir to combine it with the juices.
- Serve on a hard roll topped with provolone cheese and additional banana peppers (optional).
If you loved this easy crockpot recipe be sure to check these out:
- Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Bowls
- Slow Cooker Asian Pot Roast
- The Very Best Slow Cooker Bread Pudding
- Slow Cooker Apple Crisp
- Crockpot Cheesy Bacon Ranch Tots
- Crockpot Orange Chicken Recipe
Don’t forget to PIN this recipe so you can come back and find it again!