Last Updated on June 18, 2020 by Corinne Schmitt
This Cloud Eggs Recipe is a simple way to make breakfast more interesting.
How to Make Cloud Eggs
Here are step-by-step instructions for this Cloud Eggs recipe.
Step 1 – Preheat Oven
I know you’re used to making your eggs in a skillet, but for this Cloud Eggs recipe, we’re going to use the oven. So, the first step is to preheat the oven to 450°F.
Then, line a baking sheet with parchment paper so it’s ready when we need it in a few steps.
Step 2 – Separate Eggs
In order to make our yolk look like it’s sitting on a cloud, we have to separate the yolks from the whites. Put the whites in a large mixing bowl and the yolks in a separate, smaller bowl.
Step 3 – Beat the Egg Whites
Next, we’re going to season the egg whites and beat them until stiff peaks form. These are going to become our clouds.
Step 4 – Form the Clouds
Fold in some asiago cheese and fresh, chopped chives. Then spoon four separate mounds of the egg white mixture onto the parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
Use the back of the spoon to make a small indentation in the center of each mound. Bake for 3 minutes.
Step 5 – Add Yolks
Carefully spoon one yolk into the center of each mound. Sprinkle with more asiago cheese and chopped chives. Return to the oven until the yolks are set and the egg whites are golden brown (about 3 minutes).
Your Cloud Eggs are ready to serve!
Serve with bacon slices and fresh fruit.
Cloud Eggs Recipe
Ready to make this Cloud Eggs Recipe? Here’s the recipe card with the exact measurements.
Cloud Eggs with Asiago Cheese & Chives
- 4 large eggs
- 3 oz. Asiago cheese finely grated, divided
- 3 T. fresh chives finely chopped, divided
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Position oven rack to center position. Preheat oven to 450°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Crack and separate eggs, placing the whites in a large mixing bowl and reserving the yolks in another bowl.* Season egg whites with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Using a hand mixer or immersion blender, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula while blending to incorporate all of the egg white.
- Gently fold in 2/3 of the Asiago cheese and chives into the bowl, being careful not to deflate the egg whites in the process. Spoon the whipped egg white mixture onto the prepared baking sheet into four piles, leaving plenty of room between each mound. With the back of a spoon, create an indent in the center of each mound and place baking sheet on center rack in preheated oven and bake for 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, remove from oven and transfer reserved yolks into the indent of each mount. Sprinkle each mound with half of the remaining cheese and fresh chives and return to oven and bake another 3 minutes or until yolks are set and egg whites are golden brown.
- Remove egg clouds from oven and sprinkle with remaining cheese and chives and serve immediately.
- *For best results, reserve the egg yolks in small, individual dishes rather than in one larger bowl.
More Breakfast Recipes
If you liked this Cloud Eggs Recipe, you might enjoy some of these other easy breakfast ideas.