So many random acts of kindness are general ideas that anyone can implement into everyday life.
As a mom, I find that I notice mom struggles and look at every situation with empathy for what she’s going through and appreciation that THAT’s not my struggle…today.
I love helping others and decided to start making a list of random act of kindness for moms to really brighten another mom’s day.
I was having lunch with my mom at a fast food restaurant. I noticed a mom and her young daughter came in from the social services building across the street.
While I was in line, I overheard the mom change her order to remove an item for herself that she may not have had the money for. I’ve been there. End of the month. Budget very thin. Buy something for one of my kids. Get nothing myself.
Then, I saw a photo on Facebook of someone who had left a few diapers and a package of wipes attached to the changing station in a Target bathroom.
I imagined myself as a young mom who could have benefited from that. Forgot to refill the diaper bag. A day of diaper explosions with a sick baby.
This inspired me to create this list of random act of kindness for moms.
45 random act of kindness ideas for moms
This list includes acts for moms you know and complete strangers.
- leave $1 bills around a dollar store (especially in the toy section!)
- pay for the person behind you in the drive-thru
- tape money on a vending machine with a note saying “This treat’s on me!”
- leave diapers and wipes at a changing station
- tape quarters to a kiddie ride in/outside a store
- tape money for a kids meal in a zipper bag in a restaurant bathroom
- write a thank you note to her from her child
- a grocery store gift card
- a gas station gift card
- a restaurant gift card
- pay for coffee behind you
- give up your seat on public transit
- compliment her outfit
- compliment her kids’ behavior
- introduce yourself to the new mom at the meeting, practice, or recital
- let a tired mom and her kiddos go ahead in line in front of you
- pay for her manicure or pedicure
- pay for a massage
- offer her a free night of babysitting for date night or time to herself
- offer to pick up her child when you know she has a busy afternoon
- call to see if she needs anything while you are at the grocery store
- offer to take her kids with you when you go to the park
- keep an extra umbrella in your car and give it to a mom with her kids
- donate diapers and wipes to a pregnancy center
- donate diapers and wipes to a homeless shelter
- tape some money in a baggie to a washer or dryer at a laundromat
- leave detergent with a tag that says “Take Me I’m FREE” at laundromat
- tape a bag of microwave popcorn to the Redbox machine
- add coins to her parking meter
- buy gift card to local ice cream parlor or frozen yogurt spot
- wash her car
- if your waitress tells you she has kids, slip her a few extra dollars
- buy and deliver one of their favorites (lunch item, coffee, ice cream, etc.)
- slip an envelope with a few extra dollars in it into a mom’s shopping cart
- even if she’s a stranger, tell another mom she’s doing a great job
- leave dollar bills inside library books for moms
- put $1 bills in a Redbox case with a note that says snacks are on you
- leave pool toys at the pool with a note to take it home
- leave granola bars in the children’s area at the library
- leave an empowering and inspirational note at the baby changing station
- send her flowers at work with an appreciative note
- leave a dollar for chocolate taped in the feminine products aisle
- leave a thank you note, taped in the baby products aisle
- leave flowers with notes attached, in the pickup area of a local daycare
- leave coupons for baby or kid items/meals in appropriate places
Download this printable list of 45 Random Acts of Kindness Ideas for Moms.
My challenge to you is to pay attention when you’re in the following places.
Think of creative ways you can perform random act of kindness for moms.
- grocery store
- fast food restaurant
- family restaurant
- big box stores like Walmart or Target
- school pickup/childcare pickup
- movie theater
- a museum, arts, science, or related building