St. Patrick’s Day lunch notes for kids will brighten a child’s school day. These printable lunch box notes are so easy to slip into your child’s lunch box and they will smile when they see one.
EXPLAINING ST. PATRICK’S DAY TO KIDS
A lot of children don’t know anything about St. Patrick’s day other than the tradition to wear green one day each year.
I like to try and educate my kids on the significance of different holidays and why people celebrate.
Here is some information to share with kids about the meaning of St. Patrick’s day:
- It is a cultural and religious celebration on March 17th.
- March 17th is the death date of Saint Patrick who was the foremost patron saint of Ireland.
- There are many legends about Saint Patrick. One legend is that he used a shamrock to explain the Trinity in his religious teachings.
- Irish emigrants to the US transformed St. Patrick’s day into a mostly secular holiday focused on all things Irish.
- The first St. Patrick’s Day parade was held in Boston in 1737.
- The shamrock is the national plant of Ireland.
- Corned beef and cabbage are common foods eaten on St. Patrick’s Day.
WHY SEND LUNCH BOX NOTES WITH KIDS?
I love sending notes in my children’s lunch boxes. It is a simple way to show my kids I am thinking about them and love them.
Holidays make lunch box notes extra fun. It is easy to bring the current holiday into the lunch box with themed notes.
Sticking a small note in a child’s lunch only takes a minute and can really brighten their day! Parenting doesn’t always have to be complex!
WHAT KIDS CAN WEAR ON ST. PATRICK’S DAY
I always regret not planning ahead and making sure my kids have something to wear to school on St. Patrick’s Day. You definitely don’t want to be the one kid who isn’t wearing some green!
One year I bought some shamrock temporary tattoos and the package has lasted me a LONG TIME. It is a great last-minute solution if my child doesn’t have a green shirt to wear.
Special green socks are fun to wear on this Irish holiday. Another easy idea is to buy a pack of St. Patrick’s Day party favors and the whole family will be set with silly necklaces, bracelets, sunglasses and more.
One of our favorite accessories to wear on this holiday is green LED light up bracelets. Be sure to send extras with your kids because their friends will all want one too.
ST. PATRICK’S DAY LUNCH NOTES FOR KIDS
I have a printable sheet of St. Patrick’s Day Lunch Notes for Kids that are so cute. There are 8 different notes that make it perfect to start using a week and a half before the holiday.
You can download and print this off for your own personal use by clicking this link:
If you love printable lunch notes be sure to check these out:
- New Year Lunch Box Jokes for Kids
- Free Printable Lunchbox Notes for Halloween
- Printable Lunch Notes: Little Critters
- Printable Lunch Notes
Be sure to PIN this for later!