This printable family interview pack is just what your family needs to get some fun conversations going. A kit with 14 pages full of great questions that children can ask their older family members.
WHAT IS A FAMILY INTERVIEW?
I remember interviewing my grandpa for a project in high school many years ago. It was so much more interesting than I ever would have expected and it really gave me insight into how he grew up.
A family interview is simply one family member asking another family member questions.
These questions can be centered around a specific time period or event in the other person’s life or they can be totally random questions.
Traditionally it is usually a child or young adult interviewing an older family member. BUT, that is not to say that adults can’t learn a lot about kids too! So it could be any age interviewing any age.
WHY DO A FAMILY INTERVIEW?
I wish every family would take the time to do family interviews. There are so many things we really don’t know about our relatives and their pasts.
It is so much fun to learn about life many years ago. Perhaps they lived in another area of the country or world. They may have experienced war or a serious illness.
These life lessons and stories can’t be passed down if we don’t know about them in the first place.
Family interviews are important so that the personal family stories are captured for future generations to hear about and repeat.
Once you complete a family interview and get the answers written down it is fun to keep them to look at in the future or even put them into a time capsule.
PRINTABLE FAMILY INTERVIEW PACK QUESTIONS
This printable family interview pack has some preprinted questions to get the ball rolling for you. These are fun and easy questions to ask and answer.
The questions included in this family interview kit are:
- What is your favorite color?
- What year were you born?
- What kind of food do you like best?
- What book did you love most growing up?
- What was your nickname as a child?
- What did you like to do when you were a child?
- Tell me something about yourself that most people don’t know.
- What’s your least favorite thing about my mom or dad?
- What did you want to be when you grow up and did you get to do it?
- If you could live anywhere, where would you want to live?
- What is your favorite thing to do with me?
- What is something from your bucket list you still want to do?
- What is your favorite tradition?
- What is your favorite food?
- What is the funniest joke you have ever heard?
- What do you think I will be when I grow up?
- What’s one piece of advice you have for me?
PRINTABLE FAMILY INTERVIEW PACK
You can download and print off this printable family interview kit for your own personal use by clicking this link or filling in the form below.
Fill in the form above. After you submit the form, you’ll receive an email from “Wondermom Wannabe” with a direct link to the printable library where you’ll find the link to the printable above as well as all of my other free printables. If you do not see the email in your inbox within a few minutes, check your spam folder.
The most likely place will be in your computer’s Downloads folder. You can also select “Downloads” in your browser menu to see a list of your downloads, then simply select “Show in folder” below the file name to see where it is stored on your computer.
You’ll need a program that supports PDFS, like Adobe Acrobat (which is free). Open the program, click File > Print. Select your printer and set the number of copies you want to print. Double check your print preview, then click print.
If you loved this family printable be sure to check these other great ideas out:
Be sure to PIN this for later!