This Juice Box Turkey is perfect for adding some fun to your child’s lunchbox or classroom Thanksgiving feast. You just need a few craft supplies and a couple of minutes to make this cute craft.
How to Make a Juice Box Turkey
For this project, you’ll need a few basic supplies. You’ll need brown craft foam (you can also use brown cardstock, but the straw will make a lump in the paper), scissors, orange cardstock, a pencil, craft glue or a low temperature glue gun, some colorful feathers, and some googly eyes. And of course, you’ll need a juice box for this juice box turkey.
Step 1 – Size the Craft Foam
Lay the juice box on top of the brown craft foam, lining up the bottom of the juice box with the bottom edge of the foam. Mark the top of the juice box. Then, line a ruler up along that mark and draw a line all the way across the craft foam.
Cut the foam along the pencil line.
Step 2 – Wrap the Juice Box
Next, you’ll wrap the brown craft foam around the juice box. Cut off any excess craft foam.
Then, make a line of glue along the edge of the box to secure the end of the foam to the back edge where it overlaps.
Step 3 – Add the Feathers
With the back of the juice box facing up, attach colored feathers to the back, making sure they stick up over the edge.
Step 4 – Glue on the Eyes
Now, turn the juice box around so the feathers are in the back and glue on the googly eyes.
Step 5 – Add the Beak
Cut out a small triangle for the turkey’s beak from the orange cardstock. Then, glue it on the craft foam just beneath the googly eyes.
Juice Box Turkey Craft Printable Instructions
Juice Box Turkey
- Rectangular shaped juice box
- Brown craft foam
- Orange card stock
- Low temperature hot glue gun or other glue of your choosing
- Feathers in fall colors
- Googly eyes
- Place your juice box on top of a piece of brown craft foam with the bottom of the juice box flush with the bottom edge of the craft foam. Mark the top of your juice box, and then use it as a ruler to trace the line to the edges of the craft foam piece. Cut out the strip from the brown craft foam.
- Wrap the strip of craft foam around the juice box, cutting off any excess craft foam and securing it in the back with a low temperature glue gun.
- Make a line of glue toward the top of the back of the foam covered juice box, and attach the different colored feathers so that they stick up over the top of the back of your juice box.
- Turn the juice box over to the front with the feathers sticking up in the back and glue on the googly eyes.
- Cut out a small orange triangle for a beak out of orange card stock and attach it to the front of your juice box turkey.
More Thanksgiving Fun
If you liked this juice box turkey, you might also enjoy making a pudding cup turkey.
And get my tips for a stress-free Thanksgiving so you can spend more time enjoying the holiday and less time working and worrying!