This Instant Pot Omelette Casserole is packed with all the yummy goodness of your favorite breakfast dish with no fancy skillet skills required. Plus, this casserole feeds 4-6 people and doesn’t require you to stand over it while it cooks!
I love omelettes for breakfast but I hate standing over the stove to make enough for my whole family. Plus, I’m terrible at getting them to look pretty. Mine always end up being breakfast scrambles.
So, my goal when working on this recipe was to make a pretty breakfast dish that tasted like an omelette. And that is how I came up with this Instant Pot Omelette Casserole.
How to Make an Instant Pot Omelette Casserole
To make the dish pretty and not just an Instant Pot version of my scrambles, this recipe is made in a casserole dish which you then place in the Instant Pot. It violates my policy of minimizing the number of dirty dishes, but the end result is worth that one extra dirty dish.
Other than the casserole dish, this recipe is exactly how I like a recipe to be – easy to make, full of simple ingredients, and minimal hands-on time required.
Step 1 – Prepare Dish
First, grease a large ramekin or a casserole dish. Then sprinkle shredded cheese in the bottom of the dish.
I have a son who doesn’t like any cheese other than mozzarella so that’s what I normally use. I’ve also made it with a sharp cheddar before though and that worked really well too.
Step 2 – Add Vegetables
Next, top the cheese with mushrooms, green peppers and potatoes.
Step 3 – Prepare the Eggs
Whisk six eggs together in a medium bowl. Then, add some milk and more mozzarella cheese and whisk again to incorporate them.
Pour the eggs over the vegetables and place the dish in your Instant Pot.
Step 4 – Pressure Cook
Add a cup of water to the Instant Pot (outside of the casserole dish) so that the pot will be able to come to pressure. Secure the lid and cook on “Manual” for 10 minutes.
Let the pressure release naturally. Then, carefully remove the dish from the pot.
Garnish with parsley and cheese, if desired. Your Instant Pot Omelette is ready to serve!
Ready to make this Instant Pot Omelette? Here’s the recipe card with the exact measurements.
Instant Pot Omelette Casserole
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese plus 1 Tablespoon grated
- 1 cup mushrooms diced
- 1/2 green pepper diced
- 1 cup roasted potatoes leftover potatoes work great
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk or cream optional
- Parsley optional garnish
- Grease or line a large ramekin or casserole dish.
- Place 1/4 cup mozzarella in the bottom of the dish.
- Mix together the mushrooms, green peppers and potatoes and add on top of the cheese.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the eggs, then add the milk and 1/4 cup mozzarella and combine well.
- Pour the eggs over the vegetables and place the dish carefully in the IP.
- Add 1 cup of water to the IP and secure the lid.
- Select “manual” for 10 minutes.
- Natural release.
- Garnish with 1 Tablespoon cheese and parsley, optional.
More Breakfast Recipes
I haven’t converted this for the Instant Pot yet, but this Sausage and Spinach Strata is one of my favorite breakfast casseroles.