This Instant Pot Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Parmesan is an easy family dinner recipe the whole family will love. Served with a side salad and a slice of Italian bread, it’s a restaurant-quality meal you can effortlessly pull together on the busiest weeknights.
How to Make Instant Pot Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Parmesan
Like almost all of my recipes, this one for Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Parmesan is just a few simple steps. It’s hard enough to get dinner on the table every night. Why make it hard?
Because this meal is made in the Instant Pot, this is a one-dish meal. So, not only do you save time and energy on making the meal, you have less clean up too!
Step 1 – Brown Chicken
When people ask why I love my Instant Pot so much, a lot of it has to do with the saute function. Unlike a slow cooker or other pressure cookers, I can brown meat in the Instant Pot and have one less pan to clean.
So, the first step is to brown the chicken in a little bit of olive oil. You’ll have to remove it to a plate before moving to the next step, but a plate is so much easier to clean than a frying pan!
After removing the chicken and turning the Instant Pot off, add the liquid, spaghetti. sun dried tomato paste, and garlic to the pot.
Place the chicken on top and then pour the mushrooms over the breasts.
Step 3 – Cook
Cook on manual high pressure for 10 minutes and natural release for 2 minutes.
Step 4 – Make Cream Sauce
To make the sauce creamy, add the Parmesan and sour cream and mix well.
Dinner’s ready! Top with some freshly shredded Parmesan and fresh basil for added flavor and visual appeal.
Instant Pot Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Parmesan Recipe
Ready to cook? Here’s a printable version of the recipe with detailed measurements and instructions.
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1½ cups chicken broth or water
- Handful uncooked spaghetti
- 2 Tablespoons sun dried tomato paste
- 1-2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1-16oz container mushrooms
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- ¼ cup cream, optional
- Basil, for serving
- Set your Instant Pot to saute and add the oil.
- Season your chicken breasts with salt and pepper and add to the hot oil. Brown for 2 minutes on each side and then remove to a plate.Turn off IP.
- Add the broth/water, spaghetti, sundried tomato paste, garlic and mushrooms to the Instant Pot. Place the chicken on top and secure the lid.
- Select manual and cook for 10 minutes. Natural release for 2 minutes, then quick release.
- Quickly add the Parmesan cheese and cream, and stir into the broth to make your creamy sauce.
- Serve with additional Parmesan and torn basil.
Want to see more recipes? Click on any of the images below to go to another easy, family dinner recipe.
Latest posts by Corinne Schmitt (see all)
- 5 Sleepover Games Your Kids & Their Friends Are Going to Love - August 18, 2017
- September Acts of Kindness Calendar - August 17, 2017
- 20 DIY Games for Family Game Night - August 16, 2017