Last Updated on March 5, 2022 by Corinne Schmitt
Graduation Cap Cookies are an adorable way to celebrate the graduate in your life. These easy to make cookies can be customized for your school colors and look great on a platter.
EASY WAYS TO SAVE MONEY ON GRADUATION PARTIES
Senior year of high school or college is an expensive time. When you can find ways to save a few dollars here and there it really helps.
One easy way to save money is to make some of the food for graduation parties yourself. Making these graduation cap cookies will be much more affordable than buying cookies from a bakery.
Here are some more easy ways to save money on graduation:
- Have the graduation party at your home instead of renting space at another facility.
- Offer snacks and finger foods, but not a full meal at the graduation party.
- Partner with another student and their family and have a co-hosted party to share expenses.
- Send digital invitations instead of formal mailed invites.
INGREDIENTS FOR GRADUATION CAP COOKIES
These simple graduation cookies only require four ingredients. I love low-ingredient recipes!
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Squares
- Fudge Covered Oreo Cookies
- Yellow Icing (or another color of your choice)
- Milk Chocolate Morsels
HOW TO MAKE GRADUATION CAP COOKIES
It is easy to make these fun cookies once you get started. You can make as many or as few as you need for your celebration.
STEP ONE: MELT CHOCOLATE
Place the milk chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high, stirring every 15 to 20 seconds until the chocolate has melted. Be careful not to overheat the chocolate or it will become tough.
If the chocolate becomes tough then add 1 teaspoon of coconut oil or vegetable shortening. Do not add water to the chocolate.
Dip one side of the fudge covered Oreos in the melted chocolate. Quickly press the branded side of a Ghiradelli chocolate square on the melted chocolate.
You can use any variation of Ghiradelli squares that you like. Personally I love the caramel squares the best!
STEP THREE: ADD TASSEL
Now pipe a small curved line from the middle of each chocolate square to the corner. This should resemble a graduation cap tassel. Add a small dot of icing in the middle at the beginning of the line.
STEP FOUR: SET UP
Set the completed graduation cap cookies on a sheet of parchment paper to set up. Allow these to dry completely before serving or packaging.
GRADUATION CAP COOKIES RECIPE
You can print off the complete ingredients and instructions for these cute graduation cap cookies via the recipe card below.
Graduation Cap Cookies
- 12 squares Ghirardelli Chocolate
- 12 Fudge Covered Oreo Cookies
- 1 tube Yellow icing
- 1 cup Milk chocolate morsels
- Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave on high, stirring every 15 to 20 seconds until melted. Do not overheat as the chocolate will seize. If the chocolate becomes tough, you can add 1 teaspoon of coconut oil or vegetable shortening. Do not add water.
- Dip one side of the Fudge Covered Oreo in the melted chocolate. Immediately press against the branded side of a Ghirardelli Chocolate square.
- Pipe a curved line from the middle of each chocolate square to the corner. Add a small dot of icing in the middle at the beginning of the line.
- Allow chocolate and icing to set completely prior to packaging or serving.
If you have a graduation coming up be sure to check out these posts:
- Best High School Graduation Gift Ideas
- Graduation Announcement Tips
- College Student Budget Template
- Tassels & Laudes: A College Graduation Cheat Sheet
Don’t forget to PIN this!