We are two months out from swimsuit season and if you have an eye on a bikini for the pool or beach, it’s time to start getting your mid-section in shape. The good news is that you can get there easily by doing just a few exercises every other day. Take breaks if you need them, but finish all the reps.
50 Bicycle Crunches*
60 Second Plank
20 Scissor Kicks*
50 Russian Twists*
20 In and Outs
* For the exercises that involve moving the left and right side separately, you must do both sides to count the rep.
Now don’t let all of your hard work go to waste. If you take the time to strengthen your abdominals, in order for them to show, you have to make sure they aren’t hidden behind a nice layer of winter insulation. Sorry ladies, I don’t mean your favorite winter sweater. The truth is, abs are made in the kitchen. Don’t worry, you don’t have to drop tons of weight to expose those amazing stomach muscles. However, you will have to lay off the junk food and boost your protein consumption. If you follow these simple rules, you’ll be rocking that bikini come summer:
- Avoid “white” food as much as possible. You don’t want to eat anything that’s had all of the fiber and nutrients bleached and processed out of it, leaving only empty calories behind. Say goodbye to white bread, white rice, flour tortillas, potato chips, potatoes, and pasta. If you need these things, at least switch to their “brown” versions (aka whole grain).
- Eat protein at every meal. Protein doesn’t necessarily mean meat. You can opt for beans, nuts, yogurt, or other protein-rich foods. For ideal snack choices, click here.
- Eat fruits and/or vegetables at every meal. Not only are these great low-calorie alternatives to starchy food, but they are also packed full of fiber and nutrients that your body needs.
Latest posts by Corinne Schmitt (see all)
- 5 Sleepover Games Your Kids & Their Friends Are Going to Love - August 18, 2017
- September Acts of Kindness Calendar - August 17, 2017
- 20 DIY Games for Family Game Night - August 16, 2017