Essential oil itch relief cream is a great DIY to have on hand for works wonders for itchy skin. I love having a homemade cream to use when I have an itch and this home remedy only takes minutes to make.
WHAT CAUSES ITCHY SKIN?
There are so many reasons why skin might be itchy.
We are a very outdoorsy family and I am always shocked by the different rashes, bumps and red spots we will end up getting. It is rare that I know what is causing the issue, but getting some relief is important to me.
Some things that can cause skin to itch are:
- allergic reactions
- insect bites
- reaction to a plant
- dry skin
- medical conditions
- medication reactions
WILL THIS ITCH RELIEF CREAM WORK?
I cannot tell you how this homemade itch relief cream will work for you. It is a cream that helps my family when we have bug bites or other itchy issues.
The essential oils in this recipe are known to aid in soothing the skin!
Lavender oil has been known to help with the stinging and itching of bug bites. It also has anti-fungal properties that are great for athlete’s foot and ringworm.
Rose oil doesn’t only smell good it also has anti-inflammatory benefits. This can help itching caused by dry skin and eczema.
Patchouli essential oil is great for moisturizing the skin and can help prevent infections.
I love that Frankincense oil is used to prevent itching even more than stop it. It is a good benefit to this itch relief cream.
INGREDIENTS FOR ESSENTIAL OIL ITCH RELIEF CREAM
If you use essential oils a lot then you probably have a cabinet full of oils! This recipe uses many basic ingredients that are used in lots of DIY recipes.
- Coconut Oil
- Beeswax or Soy Wax
- Olive Oil
- Sweet Almond Oil
- Witch Hazel
- Baking Soda
- Calendula Essential Ol
- Rose Essential Oil
- Patchouli Essential Oil
- Frankincense Essential Oil
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Small Airtight Containers
HOW TO MAKE ITCH RELIEF CREAM
I love making up a big batch of this so that I can give it out to friends and family. It is so easy to make and people really appreciate getting a homemade product that can reduce itching!
STEP ONE: MELT INGREDIENTS
Start off with a medium microwave-safe bowl and add the coconut oil. Put the coconut oil into the microwave and heat for 30 seconds.
Add the beeswax or soy wax to the bowl of coconut oil and microwave the bowl for 30 seconds.
Stir the mixture and continue to melt it at 30-second intervals until the mixture is totally liquid.
STEP TWO: MIX INGREDIENTS
Now add in the olive oil, sweet almond oil, witch hazel and baking soda to the bowl.
Stir these ingredients together.
Now add in the drops of each essential oil and mix well.
STEP THREE: POUR INTO CONTAINERS
It is time to pour the liquid into the small containers. Put the airtight lid on each container. Add the cute printable label to the top of the lid!
The mixture will set up after it sits for a while. You can refrigerate it to make this process quicker.
Essential Oil Itch Relief Cream
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons beeswax or soy wax
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sweet almond oil
- 1 teaspoon witch hazel
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 5-10 drops calendula essential oil
- 5-10 drops rose essential oil
- 5-10 drops patchouli essential oil
- 5-10 drops frankincense essential oil
- 5-10 drops lavender essential oil
- Small airtight containers
- In a medium size microwave safe bowl, add coconut oil. Place in microwave for 30 seconds.
- Add beeswax or soy wax to bowl and return to microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir and continue to melt at 30 second intervals until mixture is liquid.
- Add olive, sweet almond oil, witch hazel and baking soda to bowl.
- Add essential oils to bowl and mix everything together thoroughly.
- Add mixture to small containers with an airtight lid. Use on bug bites, small rashes or any minor itches.
I have some adorable labels you can print off and add to the lid of the containers. You always want to label your essential oil creations so you know what you have in the cabinet!
Just click this link or the image below to download and print these off: Itch Relief Cream Lid Label
If you loved this easy project be sure to check these out:
- Homemade Beauty Products Using Rosemary Essential Oil
- DIY Healing Salve
- DIY Makeup Wipes
- Homemade Eye Firming Cream
Be sure to comment and let me know your favorite essential oil DIY project!