These Instant Pot Orange Glazed BBQ Meatballs are perfect for those nights when you forgot to plan for dinner and you want to serve something the kids won’t gripe about. It’s a quick and easy recipe that you can just dump right into your Instant Pot and have dinner on the table quickly.
I have a handful of “cheater” meals that I always have the ingredients on hand for. They aren’t the healthiest meals, but they’re better (and cheaper) than eating out.
Aside from being easy to stock, another key feature of my go-to backup meals is that they are quick and easy. Usually, we fall back on these dishes when life has been too busy to get to the store and our schedule is too chaotic to allow for meals that are time-consuming to prepare and clean up after.
This is also one of my favorite easy appetizers. They’re perfect if you want to serve something hearty but still bite-sized.
What You’ll Need
These orange glazed BBQ meatball are made with just a few simple ingredients.
- Meatballs: You can make your own, but in the interest of ease and speed, I usually use frozen turkey meatballs
- Orange Marmalade: This is where the delicious orange glaze comes from
- Honey Hickory BBQ Sauce: Again, you can make your own, but if you’re looking for easy, just use your favorite brand
- Apple Cider Vinegar: This adds a delightful tanginess that gives these meatballs a distinctively delicious flavor
- Brown Sugar: You know, to make sure the kids really like it. Just kidding (kind of) — it cuts some of the acidity of the cider vinegar and orange and it brings out the flavor of the BBQ sauce
- Water: To help the Instant Pot come to pressure and work its magic
Other than the ingredients above, the only other thing you’ll need to make these meatballs is your Instant Pot.
If you’re serving them for dinner, you can serve them over egg noodles or rice. For a vegetable, steamed carrots are excellent with these Instant Pot Orange Glazed BBQ Meatballs, as are steamed stir fry vegetables.
As an appetizer, you can either keep them in your Instant Pot (set on warm) to keep them hot, or transfer them to a serving dish with a toothpick inserted in each one to make them easy to pick up.
How to Make Instant Pot Orange Glazed BBQ Meatballs
I am super visual so I can appreciate why some of you like to see pictures of what the dish looks like at each step. Sometimes, like in this recipe, it’s almost comical since there aren’t really many “steps” but I’ve done my best to capture each of them.
Step 1: Add Meatballs to the Pot
I like to put the meatballs in first so that all of the other ingredients can melt into them as they cook.
Step 2: Add Everything Else
Next, you just pour each of the other ingredients in the pot over the meatballs.
Step 3: Pressure Cook
Now it’s time to let your Instant Pot do all the work. Select “Manual” or “Pressure Cook” (on newer models) and set the time for 6 minutes. When the time runs out and the pot beeps, move the sealing valve to venting to quick release the pressure.
When the pressure is fully released, carefully remove the lid.
That’s it! Your Instant Pot Orange Glazed BBQ Meatballs are ready!
Instant Pot Orange Glazed BBQ Meatballs Recipe
For those of you who don’t need the step-by-step photos and just want the basic recipe, here you go.
Here’s the recipe card with exact measurements for the ingredients in this Instant Pot Orange Glazed BBQ Meatballs:
Easy Instant Pot Orange-Glazed BBQ Meatballs
- 24- ounce package frozen turkey meatballs
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup honey hickory BBQ sauce
- ½ cup water
- Combine all ingredients in pressure cooker.
- Turn pressure valve to sealed.
- Set manual pressure for 6 minutes.
- Quick release the pressure and serve.
- Makes 8 serving of 3 meatballs each.
More Instant Pot Recipes
For even more recipes and ideas, visit my Instant Pot Recipes, Tips, and Resources page.
More Instant Pot Resources
Do more with your Instant Pot with these helpful Instant Pot Accessories: