These Crispy Zucchini Fritters are a delicious way to use up summer zucchini! They’re easy to make and can be served as a side dish or appetizer.
If you love zucchini then this is the recipe for you. This crispy recipe is the perfect way to get your picky eaters to love eating vegetables fresh from your summer garden.
Crispy Zucchini Fritters
Zucchini is full of vitamins and nutrients such as potassium and vitamin C. It’s also a great source of fiber. Plus, it’s easy to grow in your backyard garden.
So, next time you are looking for a new zucchini recipe, look no further than these Crispy Zucchini Fritters!
Why I Love This Recipe
Whether you’re looking to use up some summer zucchini or just want an easy recipe, these crispy fritters are the perfect dish. They can be served as a side and also make for great starters at parties!
- Ready in under 30 minutes
- Easy to make
- Perfect for picky eaters
- Fills the house with a delicious aroma
If you love zucchini recipes then you may also enjoy this Air Fryer Zucchini Fries recipe.
You only need a few simple ingredients to help you make this easy side dish recipe. After one quick trip to your local grocery store, you will be ready to make this tasty dish.
- Grated Zucchini (approximately 3 medium-sized zucchini)
- Egg Whites
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- All-Purpose Flour
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Panko-style Breadcrumbs
- Oil, as needed
Egg Whites: If you don’t have egg whites on hand, you can use a whole egg.
Grated Parmesan Cheese: You could also use grated cheddar cheese or leave the cheese out altogether.
Oil: You can use peanut oil for this recipe, or any other substitute for peanut oil will work well also.
Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
You only need a handful of kitchen tools to help you make this easy recipe. Gather these tools and get ready to enjoy this vegetable side dish.
How to Make Crispy Zucchini Fritters
Making these zucchini fritters is easy. Just follow the instructions below and you will have these crispy patties in no time at all.
Step 1: Add breadcrumbs to a shallow dish
Place breadcrumbs in a shallow dish and set aside.
Step 2: Mix together grated zucchini and egg whites
In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the grated zucchini and egg whites until the zucchini is well-coated.
Step 3: Season the flour and mix with parmesan cheese
Stir in the garlic powder, salt, pepper, flour, and grated parmesan until completely combined.
Step 4: Bread the patties
Portion out the zucchini mixture in 2 Tablespoon increments and press into the breadcrumbs, coating each side completely.
Step 5: Heat the oil in a large skillet
Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
Step 6: Fry the fritters
Once the oil is hot, add 3-4 zucchini fritters at a time and fry until golden, about 2-3 minutes per side.
Step 7: Repeat until all the fritters are fried
Repeat with all of the zucchini mixture.
Variations / Options / Add-Ins
There are so many ways that you can enjoy these fritters. Here are a few of our favorite ideas:
Cheese: Add some shredded cheese to the batter for extra cheesy fritters. You can even mix in some feta cheese for additional flavor.
Herbs: Try using different herbs and spices in the batter such as oregano, basil, or thyme.
Dipping Sauce: Serve with a dipping sauce such as ranch, sour cream, plain greek yogurt, ketchup, or barbecue sauce.
Keto: To make these fritters keto-friendly, I would use crushed pork rinds, instead of bread crumbs. And, you can use almond flour instead of all-purpose flour. This is also a great way to make these fritters gluten-free.
Here are a few tips to help you make the perfect zucchini fritters:
- Make sure to squeeze out as much liquid from the grated zucchini as you can. Otherwise, your fritters will be soggy.
- You can use a cheesecloth or clean kitchen towel to help you remove the moisture.
- If the batter is too thick, add a little bit more egg white until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Do not overcrowd the pan when frying the fritters. This will help them to cook evenly on all sides.
- Only flip the fritters once while they are cooking. Flipping them multiple times will make them fall apart.
- You can tell that the fritters are ready to flip when their edges are golden brown.
- I like to place my fritters on a paper towel to blot the grease off them.
- You can add some grated onion to the shredded zucchini for additional flavor.
Do you have questions about this Crispy Zucchini Fritters recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions for this recipe.
Leftover zucchini fritters can be stored in an airtight container or bag in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Yes, you can freeze leftover zucchini fritters. Just place them in a freezer-safe storage bag or container and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To reheat fritters, place them on a baking sheet that you spray well with nonstick baking spray and bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit in the oven until they are heated through. This will take about 10-15 minutes.
More Zucchini Recipes
If you like zucchini, give these recipes a try:
Ready to get cooking? Print off the recipe card below or toggle on Cook Mode to keep your screen from going dark while you follow along on your phone or tablet.
Crispy Zucchini Fritters
- measuring cup and spoon
- Shallow bowl
- medium bowl
- Large skillet
- 2 cups Grated Zucchini approximately 3 medium-sized zucchini
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup Panko-style Breadcrumbs
- 2 cups Oil as needed
- Place breadcrumbs in a shallow dish and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the grated zucchini and egg whites until zucchini is well-coated.
- Stir in the garlic powder, salt, pepper, flour and grated parmesan until completely combined.
- Portion out the zucchini mixture in 2 Tablespoon-increments and press into the breadcrumbs, coating each side completely.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add 3-4 zucchini fritters at a time and fry until golden, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Repeat with all of the zucchini mixture.
Need to run to the store for a few ingredients first? Don’t forget to pin this recipe so you can find it when you’re ready to cook!