This Pudding Cup Turkey is a simple but fun way to surprise your kids with a Thanksgiving treat. You only need a few simple supplies and a couple of minutes!
You can put it in their lunch box as dessert, have it waiting for them as an after-school treat, or use several to decorate your Thanksgiving dessert table. Or, you can have a crafting session with your kids and make enough for the entire class.
How to Make a Pudding Cup Turkey
For this project, you just need a few basic supplies which you probably already have on hand if you have a craft bin, cabinet, or closet. You’ll need scissors, cardstock (ideally red, orange and yellow), a pencil, craft glue or a low temperature glue gun, and some googly eyes. And of course, you’ll need a chocolate pudding cup snack for this pudding cup turkey.
Step 1 – Make the Feathers
Using a pencil, draw some feathers on the colored cardstock in varying lengths.
Step 2 – Cut out the Feathers
Next, you’ll use scissors to cut out the cardstock feathers.
Step 3 – Glue the Feathers to the Pudding Cup
Turn the pudding cup upside down and glue the feathers to the back of it.
Step 4 – Glue on the Eyes
Turn the pudding cup so the feathers are away from you and glue the googly eyes to the front of the cup.
Step 5 – Cut Out the Beak and Wattle
Cut out a small triangle for the turkey’s beak from the orange cardstock.
And an “S” shape for the wattle from the red cardstock.
Step 6 – Glue on the Beak and Wattle
Next, you’ll glue the beak and wattle onto the pudding cup just below the googly eyes.
Step 7 – Give the Turkey Feet
Your pudding cup turkey is almost done! He just needs a pair of feet. Cut out two small feet from the orange cardstock.
Glue them to the bottom of the pudding cup, making sure they’re peeking out so you can see them. You’re pudding cup turkey is done!
Pudding Cup Turkey Craft Printable Instructions
Pudding Cup Turkey
- Chocolate pudding snack
- Red, orange and yellow cardstock
- Low temperature hot glue gun or other craft glue
- Googly eyes
- Begin by drawing some rectangle shaped feathers with slanted tips on the different colored cardstock. Make two in red, one in orange and one in yellow, or whatever combination you choose. Try to make the feathers varying lengths.
- Cut out the paper feathers.
- Place the pudding cup upside down. Using the low temperature glue gun, glue the different colored paper feathers in a strip along the back of the pudding cup.
- Turn the pudding cup around with the paper feathers sticking up in the back and glue the googly eyes to the front of the pudding cup.
- Cut out a small triangle shape from the orange cardstock for a beak, and a red “s” shaped wattle from the red card stock.
- Use the glue gun to carefully glue first the red wattle and then the orange beak below the googly eyes on the front of your pudding cup.
- Cut out two small feet shapes out of the orange cardstock and use the hot glue gun to affix them to the bottom of your upside down pudding cup with them peeking out over the edge for your turkey’s feet.
More Thanksgiving Fun
How about an adorable juice box turkey to accompany your pudding cup turkey?
Be ready for your Thanksgiving feast with by free printable Thanksgiving Preparation Checklist.