One of my absolute favorite side dishes is parmesan asparagus fries. Yes, I call them fries for the sole purpose of winning over my children.
Seriously though, asparagus is probably my favorite vegetable (though broccoli is a close second). And parmesan on almost anything, but especially vegetables, is always a win.
How to Make Parmesan Asparagus Fries
One of the best things about this recipe is that as long as you have asparagus on hand, you probably already have everything you need to make this right now. Another great thing about this recipe is that it’s a little messy so kids love to get involved. And whenever kids help cook, they’re more likely to enjoy the results and eat without complaining!
Step 1 – Prepare
To start, preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Then, set 3 plates with a decent lip side by side.
On the first plate, you’ll add flour. On the second plate, you’ll add the beaten eggs. And on the third plate, you’ll put the bread crumb/parmesan mixture.
Place a wire rack on a baking sheet.
Step 2 – Coat the Asparagus
Now it’s time to get the kids involved! First, have them coat the asparagus with flour.
Then, dip the flour-coated asparagus in the beaten egg. Next, roll the asparagus in the breadcrumb/parmesan mixture.
Once fully coated, place each asparagus piece on the wire rack.
Step 3 – Bake
Bake for 7 to 13 minutes (until the coating is golden brown) and serve immediately.
Baked Parmesan Asparagus Fries Recipe
Ready to make some baked parmesan asparagus fries? Here’s a printable version of the recipe.
Baked Parmesan Asparagus Fries
- 1 pound asparagus trimmed
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Lay 3 lipped plates in a row. On the first one, measure out the flour. On the second, beat the eggs together. On the third, mix together the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, salt, and pepper.
- Dredge the asparagus in the flour, and then dip the dredged asparagus in the beaten egg. Coat the asparagus with the breadcrumbs mixture. Continue with the rest of the asparagus (wiping your fingers clean between each one to avoid build-up on your fingers).
- Transfer to a wire rack set on a baking sheet, and bake until golden brown, about 7 to 13 minutes. Serve hot.
I like to serve these baked parmesan asparagus fries in lieu of french fries with my Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches.
They also go great with my Baked Pork Chops and Creamy Potatoes.