Each month’s kindness calendar includes ideas based on unique holidays and themes of the month. Are you ready to start spreading some joy? Scroll down to see this month’s suggestions.
August Acts of Kindness Calendar Themes
The themes I pull from for the August Acts of Kindness Calendar are a combination of meaningful awareness dates and fun, unusual holidays.
Feel free to follow the calendar exactly or simply use the suggestions as ideas to stimulate your own random acts of kindness.
August Monthly Observances
- National Crayon Collection Month
- Family Fun Month
- National Eye Exam Month
- National Golf Month
- National Peach Month
- National Water Quality Month
- Romance Awareness Month
- National Coffee Month
August Weekly Observances
- National Bargain Hunting Week
- Simplify Your Life Week
- National Smile Week
- Exercise with Your Child Week
- National Safe at Home Week
- Be Kind to Humankind Week
August Holidays and Special Observance Days
- August 1 – National Night Out
- August 2 – National Coloring Book Day
- August 6 – National Fresh Breath Day
- August 8 – National Sneak Some Zucchini Into Your Neighbor’s Porch Day
- August 9 – National Book Lovers Day
- August 13 – Left-Handers Day
- August 15 – National Relaxation Day
- August 16 – National Tell a Joke Day
- August 17 – National Thrift Shop Day
- August 21 – National Senior Citizens Day
- August 26 – National Dog Day
- August 27 – National Just Because Day
- August 30 – National Grief Awareness Day
- August 31 – National Trail Mix Day
Printable August Acts of Kindness Calendar
To print your calendar, simply click the image below or click ==>> August Acts of Kindness Calendar
Resources for This Month’s Calendar
Here are a few links and items that will help you complete the acts of kindness in this month’s calendar:
- National Night Out
- Coloring books and crayons
- Great games for family game night
- Gum to hand out on National Fresh Breath Day
- How to repurpose crayons
- Golf balls
- No-smudge pens
- Clean jokes
- Printable lunch notes
- Pre-packaged trail mix and trail mix ingredient ideas
Want to download all of the calendars at once? I’ve bundled them all together for your convenience in an annual printable kindness calendar.
More Acts of Kindness Resources
Check out all of the monthly kindness calendars based on each month’s holidays and special observances.
You might also like these Acts of Kindness for a Stronger Marriage.
And these random acts of kindness cards for kids are a great way to teach your children to be kind.
What are your favorite ways to spread kindness and joy to others? I’d love to hear your ideas! Please share them in the comments.