I’ve put together this 30 Day Menu of Healthy Instant Pot Recipes so that in addition to making cooking easier and more enjoyable, your Instant Pot can now improve your health too! For too long, we’ve had to choose between our health and convenience. Not anymore!
What is Healthy?
Healthy is a subjective term and it means many different things to different people. Before creating this menu, I polled my readers to find out how they interpret this word.
Several readers came back with the words “low carb,” and others wanted “natural ingredients.” I’ll eventually put together a 30-Day Low Carb Menu, but in the interest of this collection of healthy Instant Pot recipes, I’ve simply shied away from “bad” carbs.
Bad carbs are those that have been refined and processed, losing the healthy dose of fiber that naturally occurs in carb-laden foods like whole grains, vegetables, fruits, and beans.
Also, as a general rule, I tried to stick with recipes that included mostly natural ingredients. You will find some dried herbs, cooking oil (usually avocado or olive oil), sauces (usually soy sauce), and even some canned foods.
If you are concerned about BPA, stick with these brands that make canned foods with BPA-free lining or make your own version from scratch. I’ve noted the canned ingredients next to each recipe if BPA is something you are concerned about.
Healthy Instant Pot Recipes
Now that you know what types of recipes I consider healthy, here’s something else you should know about the recipes below. I’m a firm believer that healthy does not have to equal bland and boring.
In this menu of healthy Instant Pot recipes you will find not only wholesome, nutrient-rich foods, you’ll also find an abundance of flavor!
Ready to check them out? Here they are:
- Moroccan Chicken (canned chickpeas)
- Honey Garlic Chicken
- Butternut Squash Beef Stew
- Whole Chicken with Vegetables
- Cedar Plank Flavored Salmon with Mixed Veggies
- Chicken Tikka Masala (coconut milk, tomato sauce)
- Beef Broccoli
- Sweet Potato Jalapeno Soup
- Easy Smoky Ribs
- Bruschetta Chicken
- Egg Roll Bowls
- Spicy Barbacoa Beef Roast (diced tomatoes, chipotle peppers)
- Pork Chili Verde
- Seafood Gumbo (diced tomatoes, tomato paste)
- Chicken Piccata
- Balsamic Beef
- Chicken Vegetable Soup
- Shrimp with Coconut Milk (coconut milk)
- Honey Soy Pork Tenderloin
- Butter Chicken (coconut milk, tomato paste)
- White Bean, Pork, and Green Chile Chili
- Chicken Pho
- Chili Lime Steak Bowl
- Chicken Marsala with Spaghetti Squash
- Sweet Potato Peanut Soup (fire roasted tomatoes, coconut milk)
- Ginger Scallion Fish
- Ground Beef Shawarma
- Sweet Pork Tenderloin
- Turkey Sausage and Kale Soup (diced tomatoes)
- Kung Pao Chicken