Warm weather is quickly approaching and a summer home maintenance checklist will get your home and lawn ready! A printable checklist is the perfect way to stay on top of those home repairs and updates and keep your house in tip top shape.
WHAT IS A SUMMER HOME MAINTENANCE CHECKLIST?
Each season of the year brings with it different tasks and challenges when it comes to upkeep on our homes. A house is one of our biggest investments and it is important to keep it in good condition.
A summer home maintenance checklist is just a list of tasks that may need to be done on your home or yard as warmer weather months approach.
It is simple to check each task off as you finish it and the checklist keeps you on track!
SUMMER HOME MAINTENANCE TIPS
If you are a new home owner you may not know what home maintenance tasks need to be accomplished.
Here are some summer home maintenance tips and tricks to keep your property in working order.
- Do a home and yard walk through and look at every single inch of your home and yard.
- Take notes on the checklist and mark off things that do not need to be done. Add items that may not be on the list.
- Remember to do maintenance on items you only use occasionally and may forget about.
- Keep in mind that it is much cheaper to maintain your home then to have to replace or do major repairs from neglect.
INDOOR SUMMER HOME MAINTENANCE TASKS
Some of the items on the checklist are specifically for inside your house. These may be things that have to be done multiple times per year or maybe just once a year.
Some of the important summer maintenance tasks are:
- Clean Out Fireplace and Chimney–this may need to be hired out
- Test GFCI Outlets
- Flush Hot Water Tank
- Defrost Freezer
- Clean Out Refrigerator
- Clean Refrigerator Condenser Coils
- Replace HVAC Filter to get the system ready for air conditioning
- Unclog Drains
- Clean Vent Fans
- Test Alarm System
- Shampoo Carpets
- Check Caulking in Bathrooms
- Clean Shower Heads
- Clean Sink Disposal
- Check Water Softener
- Test Smoke Alarms
OUTDOOR SUMMER HOME MAINTENANCE TASKS
The outside of the home and the yard also have specific work that needs to be done to keep them in great condition. Keeping the outside of your home in order will help so much with curb appeal.
Here are some of the outdoor home improvement tasks we do each year:
- Clean Out Gutters
- Wash Exterior Windows and Window Screens
- Fertilize Lawn
- Clean the Debris Out of the Gardens
- Power Wash the Deck and Patio
- Overseed Lawn
- Repairs Holes in Screens
- Fix Cracks in the Driveway
- Connect Garden Hoses
- Clean Siding and Touch Up Paint If Needed
- Plant Flower Bulbs
- Clean Grill
- Rake Leaves
- Clean Lawn Chairs
- Replace Mulch
FREE PRINTABLE SUMMER HOME MAINTENANCE CHECKLIST
I bet you are ready to get started on all the tasks for summer. You can download and print off this summer home maintenance checklist for your own personal use.
Just fill in the form below to get the Summer Home Maintenance Checklist.
Fill in the form above. After you submit the form, you’ll receive an email from “Wondermom Wannabe” with a direct link to the printable. If you do not see the email in your inbox within a few minutes, check your spam folder.
The most likely place will be in your computer’s Downloads folder. You can also select “Downloads” in your browser menu to see a list of your downloads, then simply select “Show in folder” below the file name to see where it is stored on your computer.
You’ll need a program that supports PDFS, like Adobe Acrobat (which is free). Open the program, click File > Print. Select your printer and set the number of copies you want to print. Double check your print preview, then click print.
If you love home printables be sure to check these out:
- Yearly Home Maintenance Checklist
- Get Organized Checklist for Your Car
- Vacation Packing List
- Printable Cleaning Checklist
Don’t forget to PIN this post so you can find it again in the future!