This printable fall scavenger hunt is a fun way to encourage physical activity after the kids have been sitting in school all day. Like my other scavenger hunts, this list is full of items easily found in most neighborhoods.
Free Printable Fall Scavenger Hunt
Fall activities are too fun to pass up! If you’re here because you’re looking for activities for kids, welcome! I’m so glad you’re joining in on the fall fun.
This PDF printable autumn scavenger hunt is so much fun to do around the neighborhood. Even adults can join in on the fun! Have the kids see that exploring the world around them is the perfect way to have a fun outdoor experience.
Keep the kids entertained with this printable scavenger hunt! It’s full of great ideas for kids!
Benefit of this Fun Fall Scavenger Hunt for Kids
- Printables like this are perfect for free fall fun.
- Free Printable Scavenger Hunts are an easy way to get outside and explore. (perfect for body and mind movement)
- The items on the scavenger hunt are great for kids to find.
Creative Ideas to Use This Fall Scavenger Hunt Printable
The fall scavenger hunt is easy to use. Your kids just need to head outside and search for the items on the list. Then, they check off each item as they find them.
Get more mileage out of the fall scavenger hunt by changing up the game each time. Here are some of my favorite variations:
Arm the kids with an inexpensive camera so they can take a picture of each item as they find it. Or, make it a family event and do the hunt with them. You can be the official photographer and take their picture with/next to each item.
Make it a Contest
Give each person or team their own list and have them compete to find the most items in a set time period. The winner gets a prize and everyone enjoys ice cream or popsicles after the game.
If you don’t want to have players compete against one another, you can instead create tiered prizes. This is especially fun if you do the scavenger hunt together as a family.
- Find 1-10 items, we’ll have apple cider as a treat.
- Find 11-20 items, we’ll make s’mores.
- Find 21-30 items, we’ll go on a family hike or bike ride.
- Find all 33 items, we’ll go camping or to a fall festival.
Obviously, you can make the prizes whatever you want. These are just a few suggestions to give you some ideas.
Add more items to look for
This list doesn’t have everything that you’d like to see during fall, so add the items as you want or think of them! You can add a pumpkin patch, apple orchard, crisp golden leaves, caramel apples, hot chocolate, or anything else that you want.
Laminate it or put it in a sleeve
You can use this free nature scavenger hunt more than once! Put it into a page that is laminated, and use dry-erase markers to mark off the items. See who can find the most in the quickest amount of time!
- Printer: This one is a great budget printer. If you’re willing to spend just a little more though, this is a better option. And if you’re looking for an all-in-one home office machine, this one does it all, has high reviews and includes 2 years of ink.
- Printer paper or cardstock: If you’re printing for one-time, quick use, print on regular printer paper. If you need the printout to hold up to being handled often or if you plan to laminate it to use it multiple times, choose cardstock.
- Laminator: Laminating your printable is an inexpensive way to use it multiple times. Just use dry erase markers and wipe off when you’re done so you can use it again! Alternately, you can cover the printable with clear contact paper to achieve the same thing.
More Favorite Fall Activities
If you loved this nature scavenger hunt for kids, keep going with some of these other fabulous fall fun activities. Older kids can join in on the fun as well! It’s the perfect time of year to get kids active and excited.
- Printable Fall Bingo For Kids: This is a great way to entertain a large group of kids.
- One Month Calendar of Fall Activities for Kids: You’ll create lasting memories with your kids while having fun.
- Free Printable Fall Word Search with Answer Key: Have fun with your kids teaching them the things to look for that will help them find the words.
- Fall Crossword Puzzle for Kids: A great tip when doing crosswords is to ask your kids to be sure to check that the word they’re inserting in the puzzle will work for any other word that will cross its path.
Other Printable Fall Games and Ideas
If you enjoyed this Fall Nature Scavenger Hunt, you might like these other free printable options for younger kids:
- Teen Scavenger Hunt: Will the teens be able to find everything on this list? This is perfect if you’re hosting a party for teens! Also, great for rainy days.
- Virtual Scavenger Hunt: If you can’t be with friends to do this hunt, this is a great option! It gives you all the ideas you need to get started.
- Easter Scavenger Hunt: Little ones will love this activity! Easter is the perfect time of the year to get outside, explore nature, and look for all the eggs!
How to Get the Free Scavenger Hunt Page
Now that you have some ideas of how to have fun with the fall scavenger hunt, here it is. The Scavenger Hunt Card is a PDF file that you can download and print over and over.
Just fill in the form below to download the Fall Scavenger Hunt.
Fill in the form above. After you submit the form, you’ll receive an email from “Wondermom Wannabe” with a direct link to the printable. If you do not see the email in your inbox within a few minutes, check your spam folder.
The most likely place will be in your computer’s Downloads folder. You can also select “Downloads” in your browser menu to see a list of your downloads, then simply select “Show in folder” below the file name to see where it is stored on your computer.
You’ll need a program that supports PDFS, like Adobe Acrobat (which is free). Open the program, click File > Print. Select your printer and set the number of copies you want to print. Double check your print preview, then click print.
More Family Fun
If you enjoy the fall scavenger hunt, you might also enjoy some of these other scavenger hunt and treasure hunt ideas. Once your kids get the idea, they’ll have just as much fun creating their own hunts.
Sometimes, we even turn the game completely on its head and we let the kids create scavenger hunts that the parents have to complete!
If you really love scavenger hunts, check out this collection of 20 scavenger hunt games from Organized 31!
Each theme contains at least 3 different game boards (most have more). For just $9.99 you’ll have fun activities that will last you all year long.
For more fall fun, print off my Fall Bucket List and try to complete all of the activities.