Last Updated on March 17, 2022 by Corinne Schmitt
Peanut Butter Stuffed Cookies are a peanut butter lovers dream dessert! These homemade cookies are soft, chocolatey and made with creamy peanut butter.
BENEFITS OF PEANUT BUTTER
Although peanut butter is high in calories and fat, it actually has some very good health benefits.
Peanut butter is a protein-packed food and has around 7 grams in every 2 tablespoons. There are also other nutrients, minerals and vitamins like magnesium, phosphorous, zinc, niacin and Vitamin B6.
Peanut butter eaten in moderation can be a great addition to your diet and can help you feel full. It is full of heart-healthy fats.
SUBSTITUTES FOR PEANUT BUTTER
This recipe calls for smooth, creamy peanut butter.
I know there are people who can’t eat peanut butter due to allergies or other health reasons.
It is definitely possible to substitute other nut butter for the peanut butter.
Here are some possible substitutions:
INGREDIENTS IN A PEANUT BUTTER STUFFED COOKIE
These cookies are homemade and have many of the basic cookie ingredients. Most of these will be in your pantry! You will love the peanut butter goodness in these cookies!
- Cocoa Powder
- Baking Soda
- White Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Unsalted Butter
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Vanilla Extract
- Powdered Sugar
HOW TO MAKE A PEANUT BUTTER STUFFED COOKIE
If you eat one of these peanut butter stuffed cookies you will want to eat another one. It is always a good idea to double this recipe especially if you have kids!
STEP ONE: MAKE FILLING
Start off by preheating the oven to 350°F and line the cookie sheet with parchment paper.
In a large mixing bowl, combine 3/4 cup of smooth peanut butter and 3/4 cup of powdered sugar. Mix these ingredients with a mixer until well-combined.
Take a teaspoon and make teaspoon-sized balls of the filling. Place the balls on a plate and put in the refrigerator to chill for about 10 minutes.
STEP TWO: MAKE COOKIE DOUGH
Meanwhile, make the cookie dough.
In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and stir to combine.
In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup of brown sugar together until creamy.
Add the egg and vanilla to the mixing bowl and continue mixing until well combined.
Stir in the dry ingredients slowly and keep mixing.
If the dough is crumbly, you can add 1 or 2 tbsp. of milk.
STEP THREE: MAKE BALLS
Use a small ice cream scoop and make balls out of the cookie dough.
Place all the cookie dough balls on the cookie sheet.
Gently push your thumb into the center of each dough ball and place a peanut butter filling ball into the cookie dough ball.
Mold the dough back up around the peanut butter ball so it is covered.
STEP FOUR: ROLL IN SUGAR
Place the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar in a small bowl.
Take each cookie ball and roll it in sugar and place it back on the baking sheets.
STEP FIVE: BAKE
Place the cookie sheet in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes.
Remove from the oven and enjoy!
PEANUT BUTTER STUFFED COOKIES RECIPE
You can print off the complete ingredients and instructions for these delicious peanut butter stuffed cookies via the recipe card below.
Peanut Butter Stuffed Cookies
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 1/2 C cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 C sugar divided, 1/2 cup now and 1/2 cup later
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1/2 C unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 1/4 C creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 3/4 C smooth peanut butter
- 3/4 C powder sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, mix the 3/4 C peanut butter and 3/4 C powder sugar together until fully combined
- Using a teaspoon, spoon out 1 teaspoon of the filling and fill into a ball
- Place the filling balls onto a plate and place into the fridge for 10 minutes
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour. cocoa powder, baking soda and salt
- Using a standing mixer, cream together the butter, sugar’s and peanut butter until smooth and creamy
- Mix in the egg and vanilla and mix until combined
- Stir in the dry ingredients
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop out some dough and roll into a ball
- Place onto the cookie sheet and repeat steps with remaining dough
- Once all the dough has been rolled, lightly push your thumb into the center of the dough the make indents
- Place a peanut butter filling into the center and mold the dough back into a round ball, covering up the peanut butter filling.
- Repeat step with remaining cookies
- Place 1/2 C of sugar into a bowl and roll all of the cookies into it
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes
If you loved this peanut butter cookie recipe, be sure to check out these other great recipes:
- Trail Mix Cookies
- Cherry Pie Cookie Cups
- Strawberry Candy Heart Cookies
- Coconut Oatmeal Protein Cookies
- Texas Sheet Cake Cookies
Be sure to PIN this for later!