When the weather is nice, I like to plan outdoor mother son activities to connect with each of my boys. When we take the fun outdoors, so many new options open up, which is great for making memories.
It’s important for mothers and their sons to spend time together doing fun activities, not only does it help you and your son bond but it’s just good to break the daily routine and have some fun every now and then. Mild weather is the perfect time to get out and spend as much time as you can enjoying and taking advantage of the great outdoors.
Here are some awesome outdoor mother son activities so you can do just that!
Outdoor Mother Son Activities in Your Backyard
There are plenty of outdoor mother-son activities you two can do without leaving the house. So you don’t have to worry about gas or if you just don’t feel like leaving home but still want to do some fun outdoor activities with your son.
Here’s a list of a few outdoor mother son activities that can be done at home.
- Have a scavenger hunt in the back yard
- Have a HUGE picnic
- Throw a free car wash
- Throw around a football and or baseball
- Make a huge outdoor fort (using blankets, etc.)
- Practice soccer skills
- Play hide-and-go-seek
- Dig in the dirt and see what treasures you can find
- Have a big water fight
- Lay down some pillows and blankets and star gaze
- Have an outdoor dance party
- Set up a pool and spend the day swimming
- Become artist’s and make the driveway masterpiece with chalk
- Do some backyard camping (you could use the outdoor fort you made as your tent)
Outdoor Mother Son Activities Away From Home
Now if you do feel like leaving the house, there are plenty of outdoor mother son activities you can enjoy away from home. Here are some pretty great activities for you two that will definitely ensure you guys have a blast!
- Have a picnic at a park
- Go miniature golfing
- Fly a kite
- Spend the whole day at the park
- Go swimming at lake/pond
- Go fishing for the day
- Find some nice hiking trails and go on a hike
- Take some canoeing classes
- Visit a local petting zoo
- Go treasure hunting with a metal detector
- Go four wheeling
- Get a pair of good binoculars and go bird watching
- Take a nice long bike ride
- Go to the beach (if you live by one) and make sandcastles
- Go geocaching together, it’ll be a blast for your son because it’s like a real treasure hunt!
There are so many outdoor mother son activities to do and even if you think you’ve done them all something new will pop up. Plan and do these activities as much as you can because they really do grow up fast! And before you know it, they’ll want to spend most of their time with their friends, then heading off to live life on their own.
More Mother Son Activities
For more mother son activities, check out the Mother Son Bucket List.
Your time and attention is worth more than money. Check out all of the free mother and son activities you can do that are totally fun.