Homemade Kitchen Cleaner is so easy to make and the citrus smell will amaze you. I love knowing I am using a non-toxic kitchen cleaner to keep my house clean and it only took me minutes to make it!
USES FOR NON-TOXIC HOMEMADE KITCHEN CLEANER
Here are some areas of the home that can be cleaned with this natural kitchen cleaner:
- Pots and Pans
- Tile and grout in the kitchen or bathrooms
- Glass stovetops
- Concrete surfaces
- Glass surfaces
- Stainless steel surfaces
- Kitchen counters
TIP: You do not want to use this homemade kitchen cleaner on untreated wood or unsealed granite.
INGREDIENTS FOR HOMEMADE KITCHEN CLEANER
I love how long a bottle of essential oils will last me. They are concentrated and it doesn’t take much to make a big difference! Once you have a good stock of oils built up you will be set for making all kinds of homemade products!
- Baking Soda
- Fine Epsom Salts
- Trader Joe’s Citrus Dish Soap
- Tangerine Essential Oil
- Orange Essential Oil
- Mandarin Orange Essential Oil
- Orange Zest
HOW TO MAKE NON-TOXIC KITCHEN CLEANER
It is so easy to make this homemade kitchen cleaner. This reminds me of a soft scrub cleaner and it smells so good!
STEP ONE: ADD BAKING SODA
Start off by taking a mixing bowl and adding the baking soda.
STEP TWO: ADD BORAX AND SALTS
Now add the borax and the fine Epsom salts.
It is important to use fine Epsom salts. If you can’t find any in your area you can take regular Epsom salts and grind them in your food processor to make them fine.
STEP THREE: ADD SOAP
Now add the Trader Joe’s Citrus dish soap.
It isn’t imperative that you use Trader Joe’s brand if you don’t have a store in your area. You can buy Trader Joe’s soap on Amazon too!
STEP FOUR: ADD OILS
Now it is time to add the essential oils to the bowl. Add 10-20 drops of the Tangerine, Orange, and Mandarin Orange oils to the bowl.
STEP FIVE: ADD PEROXIDE
Add one teaspoon of peroxide to the bowl of ingredients. The mixture will bubble a little bit and may expand, but it won’t take long for it to settle down.
STEP SIX: STIR
Now you can gently stir the ingredients together.
STEP SEVEN: ADD ZEST
Take the large orange and zest it over the bowl.
STEP EIGHT: PUT IN JAR
Now you can transfer the non-toxic cleaner to a jar or container with an airtight lid.
HOMEMADE KITCHEN CLEANER RECIPE
I have an easy to print off recipe card for you with the complete ingredients and instructions. Add it to your home binder for easy access!
Homemade Kitchen Cleaner
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup borax
- 1/4 cup fine Epsom salts
- 1/4 cup Trader Joe’s Citrus dish soap
- 1 teaspoon peroxide
- 10-20 drops tangerine essential oil
- 10-20 drops orange essential oil
- 10-20 drops mandarin orange essential oil
- 1 large Zest from orange
- Airtight container
- Add baking soda to mixing bowl
- Add borax and Epsom salts to bowl
- Add soap and to mixing bowl.
- Add tangerine, orange and mandarin orange essential oils to mixing bowl.
- Add peroxide to bowl. This may make the mixture bubble a bit or expand, but it will settle down shortly.
- Gently stir ingredients together.
- Add orange zest to bowl.
- Add mixture to an airtight container.
If you love making products at home that are less toxic be sure to check out these other easy DIY projects:
- Homemade Eye Firming Cream
- Homemade Rosemary Mint Shampoo
- Natural Homemade Bubble Bath
- DIY Dishwasher Detergent
Don’t forget to SHARE this homemade kitchen cleaner with your friends on social media!