I just love all the adorable Spring desserts I see on Pinterest. Unfortunately, with 4 kids running around, I’m short on time AND energy to recreate most of them. I want stop-you-in-your-tracks cute but achievable in the half hour I have free right before the kids get home from school.
After doing an elaborate search, I found several different recipes that I was able to combine into this super simple yet totally adorable treat. Only three ingredients, five if you count the decorations and NO BAKING. You’re welcome.
You can make them big or small. The small ones (made in a regular muffin tin) will hold a couple of mini eggs. The large ones (made in a big muffin tin) will hold a Peep. I also hid a couple of mini eggs under my Peep just for fun. You could substitute jelly beans or pastel M&M’s for the eggs too. Easy AND versatile!
- 1 (12 oz) pkg butterscotch baking chips
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups chow mein noodles
- 1 pkg of Peeps
- 1 bag Cadbury mini eggs
- Grease muffin tins.
- Place butterscotch chips and peanut butter in microwave safe bowl. Heat on 50% power in microwave until chips are completely melted, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Stir in chow mein noodles.
- Spoon mixture into large muffin tin cups and shape into nests. For smaller nests, use a regular muffin tin.
- Refrigerate until nests have set.
- Place one Peep in each nest and surround with mini eggs.
Looking for even more Spring-themed cookies? Check out these recipes from some of my blogger friends.
Latest posts by Corinne Schmitt (see all)
- How to Clean, Store and Chop Fresh Herbs: 3 Important Tips - July 28, 2017
- 25+Free Printables for Organizing Home Life - July 27, 2017
- Instant Pot Corn on the Cob - July 26, 2017