Homemade Lice Spray
Homemade lice spray can be used preventatively or when you have a lice infestation. It is quick and easy to make with common essential oils.
- 1/2 cup liquid peppermint castile soap
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 10-20 drops lemon essential oil
- 10-20 drops tea tree essential oil
- 10-20 drops Rosemary essential oil
- 10-20 drops thyme essential oil
- 1 Squeeze bottle container
Add castile soap to a small bowl. Add the grapeseed oil and whisk together.
Add lemon, tea tree, rosemary, and thyme essential oils. Whisk together. (If using on a child under 8, cut the number of drops in half)
Using a funnel, add the mixture to your squeeze bottle.
To use: Shake before using. Add mixture to child’s hair and gently rub in. Put shower cap on child’s head and leave on for at least one hour. Lather mixture and shampoo. Rinse mixture out and comb child’s hair with a nit comb to remove any nits.
You can also use this mixture as a preventative measure by using it regularly as a shampoo.