Crockpot Vegetarian Chili
This crockpot vegetarian chili is also vegan and gluten-free. A hearty and flavorful chili recipe the whole family will love.
Servings 6 people
- ½ can Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce use 1/2 of a 7 ounce can
- 2 cans black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen or canned corn
- ¾ cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cans diced tomatoes, with juices 14 ounce cans
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 large cinnamon stick
- 1 Tbs chile powder
- 1 Tbs oregano mexican oregano if you have it!
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- ¼ cup fresh chopped cilantro divided
- Optional Toppings: cilantro, diced avocado, diced tomatoes, lime wedges, hot sauce, diced green onion, tortilla chips
Place everything up through brothe in crock-pot/slow-cooker. Add in half of the chopped cilantro. (Save the other half of cilantro for garnishing).
Cook on low for 7 to 8 hours, or high for 4 to 6 hours.
Remove cinnamon stick, and stir well before serving.
Serve in bowls and top with any of the following: cilantro, diced avocado, diced tomatoes, lime wedges, hot sauce, diced green onion, tortilla chips
Calories: 280kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 745mg | Potassium: 879mg | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 2369IU | Vitamin C: 58mg | Calcium: 109mg | Iron: 5mg