Instant Pot Caprese Chicken
This recipe will make you feel like you're in Italy!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- ½ cup fresh Mozzarella cheese cubed
- 10 heirloom grape tomatoes halved
- ½ cup fresh basil coarsely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Additional Mozzarella cheese basil and tomatoes to garnish
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Pasta prepared according to package directions to serve over
Cut chicken into 1-2 inch chunks.
Turn Instant Pot onto sauté mode and add oil. Add chicken and sauté on each side for a minute.
Turn off sauté and add in diced tomatoes. Seal the Instant Pot lid and turn the pressure valve to sealed.
Set manual pressure time on high for 7 minutes.
When the pressure cooking time has finished, do a quick release.
Turn the sauté setting back on and add in Mozzarella cheese, grape tomatoes, basil and salt and pepper to taste. Stir in heavy cream to thicken the sauce.
Turn off the Instant Pot and serve Caprese Chicken over your favorite pasta. Garnish with additional Mozzarella, basil and tomatoes.
Weight Watchers Freestyle = 5 Points per serving for 2 servings depending on type of pasta used
Calories: 1853kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 256g | Fat: 80g | Saturated Fat: 32g | Cholesterol: 795mg | Sodium: 1045mg | Potassium: 4789mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 2337IU | Vitamin C: 33mg | Calcium: 320mg | Iron: 9mg