Last Updated on August 31, 2020 by Corinne Schmitt
I love taking pictures, especially with my cell phone since I always have it with me. Now that I have a 15 year old and a few crows feet around my eyes, I am acutely aware of the fact that time is fleeting so it’s important to me to capture snapshots of our life that we can look back on and reminisce about times gone by.
Problems With Pictures On Your Phone
Unfortunately, once the pictures are taken, I run into a few problems:
- They stay trapped in my phone indefinitely (except for the few that get shared on Facebook).
- When I finally release my photos by uploading them to my computer or Snapfish, they become trapped there in what I like to call photo purgatory.
- Those pictures of my friend’s daughter on the field trip? Yep, stuck on my computer when once uploaded, I completely forgot about.
- The group photo of girls’ weekend I meant to make copies of and frame for my girlfriends? Forgotten and stuck.
- Meanwhile, my mom is laying on a guilt trip like only a Catholic mother can about how she never gets to see us (we live 1000 miles apart) and she won’t even recognize the kids next time she sees them.
Thankfully, someone at GrooveBook took pity on picture hoarders like me and came up with a super easy and affordable way to get us off the hook with Grandma.
GrooveBook App To Help With The Photos On Your Phone
You simply download the FREE GrooveBook app onto your phone. If you have an iPhone, click here for the app. For Android users, click here. You answer a few simple questions to set up your account and then the magic begins.
The GrooveBook app will automatically access the photos on your phone. When you open the app, you will see this screen:
Review The Photos
Click “Review” to select the photos that you want to include in your GrooveBook. After you’ve weeded out all the pics you don’t want, click “Done” to return to the first screen.
Upload The Photos
Now, click “Upload” and all of your chosen photos will float off to GrooveBook. They will be stored there until the end of the calendar month, at which point all of your photos from the month (up to 100) will be printed and bound in a keepsake flip book. The edges of the photos in the book are perforated so you can easily remove those that you want to share or dispose of (for those “How did that get in there?!” pictures).
GrooveBook In The Mail
I downloaded the app in May and just received my first GrooveBook yesterday. This is what it looked like when it arrived in the mail:
Take a good look at the postage cost. If you’re having trouble seeing it, it says $2.98. Um, did I mention that GrooveBook only charges you $2.99 for this service? That’s right, they are somehow printing off all of your precious photos on quality photo paper and binding them for FREE because the fee you pay is only covering the shipping cost.
What The Actual GrooveBook Looks Like
Here’s what the actual book looked like once I took it out of the packaging:
And here’s what the inside of the book looks like:
I was really happy with the print quality of my photos. For my future books, I think I will do better at editing the photos on my phone and weeding out the bad shots (I ended up with a couple of blurry and off-center pics). One unexpected bonus I noticed when I received my GrooveBook is that each photo has the date and time stamped on the border (not on the picture itself):
Why You Should Use GrooveBook
In a nutshell, these are all the reasons GrooveBook rocks:
- Your favorite pics won’t be trapped in your phone indefinitely.
- It gives you an incentive to take more pictures since you can print up to 100 for FREE.
- You automatically get prints of your photos that you can keep for yourself or give away by easily removing them from your flip book via the perforated edge.
- For less than $3 per month you can provide loved ones with a monthly photo journal of your life or easily organize your photos by labeling each book as they arrive.
- It’s FREE! You only pay shipping.
Still not convinced? Okay skeptical consumer, GrooveBook is so certain you will LOVE them they are offering a special discount to my readers. Simply enter coupon code WONDERMOMGROOVE when you sign up and input your info to get your first GrooveBook completely FREE (i.e. no shipping and handling charge)! No risk, free prints of your photos—no brainer. Give it a try!