Last week, I shared a recipe for Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Cookies that was inspired by the Oreo Surprise Chocolate Chip Cookies that Susan at Organized 31 created. Apparently, we’ve engaged in a game of cookie tag now because she came back with Girl Scout Thin Mint Surprise Cookies. Since she’s sticking with surprise cookies, I’m going to keep going with surprise candy. This week’s creation has bite-sized Snickers hidden in the middle of the cookie.
The dough for the cookie isn’t one I came up with. My girlfriend found the recipe on Allrecipes and it’s my favorite chocolate chip cookie dough because the cookies don’t flatten out and they have a nice, moist texture instead of being doughy or crisp (which is how my cookies used to turn out). Really, aside from a small adjustment to the chocolate chips, all I’ve done is to stick a Snickers bar in the middle. Actually, I experimented with a variety of candy bars (Milky Way, Three Musketeers, and Snickers) but the Snickers won hands-down with all of my taste testers.
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 (3.4 oz) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 bag Snickers Minis, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350°. In medium bowl, sift together flour and baking soda. Set aside.
- In large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars. Beat in the pudding mix until well blended. Add the eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add flour mixture and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (approx. 2 tbsp), scoop dough and insert one Snickers Mini into center of the dough.
- Drop onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes in preheated oven.