One of my favorite weeknight dinners is this Instant Pot Sweet Pork Tenderloin. The flavors are very similar to those in my most popular recipe, Baked Pork Chops and Apples with Brown Sugar Glaze.
How to Make Instant Pot Sweet Pork Tenderloin
One of the best features of the Instant Pot is that you can brown food in it so that you only have one pot to clean. As with many of my other Instant Pot recipes, this one starts with using the saute function to brown the meat.
Step One – Brown the Pork
Add a little olive oil to your Instant Pot and choose the saute function. Once the pot is hot, add the tenderloin.
Sear it on each side for 2-3 minutes, then remove to a plate.
Step Two – Prepare the Sauce
Next, it’s time to add the apples and onions and prep the deliciously sweet sauce the pork will cook in.
In addition to apples and onions, you’ll add apple cider and brown sugar. Then, you’ll return the pork, season it with salt and pepper and top with some more brown sugar.
Step Three – Pressure Cook
The tenderloin will need to cook for 20 minutes on high pressure. Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Instant Pot Sweet Pork Tenderloin Recipe
Ready to make this Instant Pot Sweet Pork Tenderloin? Here’s the recipe!
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, or as needed
- 1 pork tenderloin
- 2-3 apples, cored and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups apple cider
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Parsley, optional garnish
- Select the saute setting on your instant pot and add the olive oil.
- Sear the pork tenderloin on each side, 2-3 minutes, until completely seared and remove to a plate.
- Add the apples, onion and cider to the instant pot and scrape up any brown bits of the pork tenderloin that may have stuck to the instant pot. Allow to reduce to half of the original volume.
- Season the pork tenderloin well with salt and pepper and then rub on ¼ cup of the brown sugar.
- Place the pork tenderloin back in the instant pot and add in the remaining sugar.
- Cover and select the manual setting, then choose high pressure. Set the time to 22 minutes. Natural release for 10 minutes..
- Serve with the poached apples and onions and a sprinkle of parsley.