Since I’ve been converting all of my favorite recipes for my new favorite appliance, this week I made Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup. Now I have another easy family dinner recipe and this one is perfect for Meatless Mondays.
Broccoli cheese soup is one of my favorites and made in the Instant Pot, it’s fast and easy to throw together. I just love recipes that work for busy weeknight dinners.
How to Make Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup
I love cooking in the Instant Pot because it makes dinner so fast and easy (and cuts down on the number of dirty dishes!). This recipe is no different. It’s a one-pot meal you can make in 3 simple steps.
Put all the ingredients EXCEPT THE MILK in the Instant Pot – broccoli, carrots, cheese, broth, water, garlic powder and seasoned salt.
Use soup function on Instant Pot and set for 5 minutes.
Quick release the pressure and stir in the milk. Your soup is ready to serve!
For added color, you can top with an optional garnish of sour cream and fresh spinach leaves.
Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
Here’s a printable version of the recipe.
- 28 oz frozen broccoli florets
- 1-2 medium carrots, chopped
- 5 cups shredded mixed cheese
- 4 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbs seasoned salt
- 2 cups 2% milk
- Combine the defrosted broccoli, carrots, cheese, chicken broth, water, garlic powder, and seasoned salt in the Instant Pot.
- Press soup function on Instant pot and set timer for 5 minutes.
- By the time soup has reached temperature soup will be half done. Please note Instant Pot will take several minutes to reach temperature. Be sure that steam function is on sealing setting.
- Quick release and immediately stir in the milk.
- Garnish with sour cream and spinach (optional).
More Instant Pot Recipes
If you liked this recipe, you might enjoy some of these other Instant Pot Recipes.