Here is the recipe for my Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowls. I hope you enjoy them as much as me and my family do!
Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowl Recipe
- 4-5 uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (12 oz) bag frozen corn
- 1 (15.5 oz) jar salsa
- 3 cups uncooked jasmine rice, rinsed
- 3 cups water or chicken broth
- cheddar cheese
- cilantro (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Place chicken breasts in bottom of pressure cooker. Sprinkle with taco seasoning. Top with beans and corn. Then, pour salsa over everything.
- Add rice, then liquid (water or broth).
- Cook on manual high pressure for 12 minutes, then use quick release to release the pressure.
- Once the pressure has been fully released, remove lid carefully.
- Shred chicken. Serve immediately. Top with cheddar cheese, cilantro, and sour cream as desired
NOTE: Readers who have used other types of rice have reported undercooked rice. If possible, stick with jasmine rice.
Also, my family is full of rice fanatics. Others have told me this makes way too much rice for their taste. If you’re looking at the recipe thinking “Really? 3 cups of rice?!” you probably fall in the too much rice camp so reduce the rice AND the liquid by one cup.
Looking for photos for each of the steps? Click here to go to the photo version of the recipe.
Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Bowl Recipe
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, you can easily adapt this recipe for a slow cooker. Use the recipe above but make these changes:
- Add corn, black beans, and salsa first
- Then top with chicken and taco seasoning
- Cook the rice separately
- Cook on high 3-4 hours
More Instant Pot Recipes
If you liked this recipe, you might like my Asian version. These Thai Chicken Rice Bowls are amazing!
And my friend Ashley over at I Don’t Have Time for That! recently recreated one of her most popular recipes for the Instant Pot and it’s delicious! You have to try her Instant Pot Chicken Broccoli and Rice.
To see my other Instant Pot recipes, click on any of the images below:
Looking for more Instant Pot recipes? Check out some of these Instant Pot cookbooks.